Tata SKY+ New DVR STB split wide open (The inside with photos :)

• Thread starter Thread starter chetanhooli
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 97
  • Views Views 131,515
wOw work chetan!! BIG APPLAUSEbut the thing which really peaked my interest was Windows 7:yahoo:, man..... ur using pre-beta.Good on you fellow nerd & lemme know how it plays out, heard they are trying lots of exciting new things with it including multi touch & a new taskbar 🙂🙂😉😉

Great Work...............definetly i dont have the guds to do such thing after buying the STB for Rs. 6000:O..........Its a shocker for me:O

If he is born in 17AD, he will become a scientist. Because, he is very much intrested in discover new things. 😉

Yes good job Chetan.😀

You can connect the O/P of STB via DVD Recorder to your television.

Hi Venkat

i am just a very novice in this field

i would appreciate a Picture & probably most of us would, of how it is done

Sabir

Hi Venkat
i am just a very novice in this field
i would appreciate a Picture & probably most of us would, of how it is done
Sabir
Connect your TS+ output to DVDR and from DVDR output connect to your TV. Now, when you play the program, start recording in the DVDR.

Hi Venkatfrom your answer what i get is that i will only be recording the Show that is being played on the STB, right. which is done at present also by the DVD Recorder. what i would like to know, will i also be able to record by some way the already recorded program on my TS+ STB, will this work, say when i am watching an already recorded Show by the TS+ STB on TV & also then connect the DVD Recorder at the same time & will then i be able to record that show on the DVD Recorder. Sabir

Hi Venkat

from your answer what i get is that i will only be recording the Show that is being played on the STB, right.

which is done at present also by the DVD Recorder.

what i would like to know, will i also be able to record by some way the already recorded program on my TS+ STB,

will this work, say when i am watching an already recorded Show by the TS+ STB on TV & also then connect the DVD Recorder at the same time & will then i be able to record that show on the DVD Recorder.

Sabir
Yes you can record an already recorded program

Great job Chetan!! In the UK, you get professional guys who replace the 160GB to higher capacities. However the problem seems to be increasing to higher capacity drives in some cases. Have a look at this link before fitting the new drive (Digital Spy - Sky+ Upgrade FAQ - 28th November 2006 - Sky+ - Digital Spy Forums). It's very helpful.

Thanks for this update , does nyone know how to do a Full System Reset on Tata Sky?

Yes you can record an already recorded program

Anyways wats the use of that... if somehow we can transfer the recorded files of the TS+ STB then theres no need of dvd recorder...

@Sabir
Wait for sometime until chetan is done with the testing. re-recording the recorded file is like chewing a used chewing gum!!! hehe... 😛

Hmm but when there are shows and stuff available to view online in certain sites, why the need to transfer?? That too with the logo of channels and TS? I dont mean to offend anyone btw.