Tata Sky Mobile Access Infrared Accessory (Use iPhone as a proper remote)

• Thread starter Thread starter GarfieldDC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 14,477

GarfieldDC

Regular
ISP
Beam Fiber
Look what came in the mail yesterday....

Need to test & see how well it works. Wasn't able to test today as I was swamped with work. Will post feedback later.

What is this designed for? I mean I thought that the iPhone was already able to work as a remote for the Tata Sky STB?

How will it work as a remote without infrared? it can only schedule recordings on tsky+

heh. i thought so. the aamir khan ad i saw on TV showcased it as something that works out of the box.

so this attachment makes it a proper remote right?

----------

https://youtube.com/watch?v=X0_jhYKwCKU&list=UU7jN0QExoZh8

ok. he does not talk about the attachment. but the phone in his hand had this attachment. 🙂

is it being given for free? am i missing something?

----------

man. why are they calling it a mp3 accessory? 😀

^ Actually no. If you see the ad, it had these round antenna things being shown on the ad too. Looks funny to be honest. @GarfieldDC, how much did they charge you for this?

This accessory is an infrared emitter. It Plugs into the headphone jack on the iPhone. It works the Tata Sky iPhone app. Changes your iphone into a functional remote forYour TataSky STB and limited functionality for your TV. You can go into settings option in the app and select your TV model and test it, select the one that works and you are ready to use your iPhone as your remote. I got this one for free. When they launched their iPhone app they ran a promotion offering the accessory free to the first 1000 customers. Everyone else will have to buy the accessory from TataSky for Rs 350. You place an order with them & the amount gets deducted from your TataSky account.

well these attachments are pretty common in the US market. square has a credit card reader that works through a similar attachment for example:

https://imgur.com/BlTtN

You're right. There are several such remote accessories for the iPhone. They have been available in the US/Europe market for the past couple of years. They basically do the same thing - turn your iPhone into a AV remote controller. Some plug into the headphone jack, like this one, and others have the 30 pin docking plug. All of them have their app in the app store which provides you with the features & functionality. I think the one Tata Sky is offering was available in US/Europe over a year ago as the Q something.

placed the order.. lets see when it comes 🙂

If the promotion is still on then you should get the accessory for free.

On their website it says Rs.350 and there was no mention of any promotion .. They just asked to sms... Apple to 56633 .. Got this in reply .. "Thank You. Our team will be in touch with you in the next 24 hours to verify your device information and shipping address'.

On their website it says Rs.350 and there was no mention of any promotion .. They just asked to sms... Apple to 56633 ..
Got this in reply .. "Thank You. Our team will be in touch with you in the next 24 hours to verify your device information and shipping address'.

It's not mentioned on their website. I got to know from other sources. They were offering the accessory free to the first 1000 customers who order it. After you send the SMS you will receive a call from them in a day or two. They will ask for the model of your iOS device and confirm the shipping address. That's it. After that you wait for delivery.

I got mine for free. There are no charges on the invoice I got with it and no deduction on my Tata Sky account. Infect the small print on the invoice mentions that it is part of a promotion.

I hope I too get mine for free .. But I doubt tht .. 1000 pieces should already be sent out ..

I hope you do too. You never know.. you just might. 🙂
Either ways, let us know what happens.