Tata Sky Mobile Access Infrared Accessory (Use iPhone as a proper remote)

• Thread starter Thread starter GarfieldDC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 14,479
I like the idea of controlling Tata Sky from my iPhone but adding an accessory completely defeats the purpose. No app will be able to work anywhere as good as the actual remote so its more of a convenience thing that in case I dont have the remote handy, I could control TS via my iPhone too. Adding an accessory which is about 100x easier to lose than the TS remote is pretty much pointless.I'd much rather have them add wifi facility in their DVR boxes (which already have a USB port so its technically possible to add wifi to it via that port). That would be a lot better option than this IMO. No need to keep track of the tiny accessory and you would be able to use anything from your iPhone, ipod, iPad, or even a laptop (ie anything which has wifi and TS decided to develop a simple app for) to control the TS box. It'd help TATA too if the box could connect to interwebs via wifi. The STB will be able to talk back to their servers. Ordering a new plan or a showcase event wont need an SMS anymore. just click on buy and its on! Also if the CPU in tatasky+ is fast enough, they can add more apps (youtube, mail, light web browsing etc) too. From the looks of it, I think this box can handle it as long as they dont mess up the software. Possibilities are endless.lol. I just went wayyy off topic here dint I? 😀

TS is getting lousy. I had ordered the mobile accessory on Aug.13. I had intented to pay for it and also recharged with Rs.350 for it. When I ordered it, I got a confirmation call telling me that I will be getting it for free, and within 30 days. I have still not received it. I have called them up 4-5 times, once I got response saying that I will get it within 24 hours. Guess what? No show. Last Tuesday, after calling once again, I got a call from someone higher up saying that they will get back to me with the status asap. Not heard from them for a week now.

u r in same boat as most of us .. TS started sucking now ...Don't know wht's the issue with Indian companies.. be it airtel, vodafone, Tata Sky .. they all start with great promises and they provide good service to begin with ..Once they stable in the market and have many customers.. they start to decline and don't give a shit abt its customer ..

It seems to be the Indian way to do business. You find that same trend across all major companies in India. Service levels are good only until they build a decent customer base. After that customer service takes a back seat & the companies seem to spend more time to come up with ideas on how they can rip off the customer by offering the lowest level of service and charging the highest price for it. But part of the problem also lies with us, the Indian consumer. There are so many of us who accept the poor service that the companies dish out. If each and every one of us reports lousy customer service and holds the company accountable for unacceptable levels of service then things might change.

So I now have no hope of this accessory arriving .. Been over 3 months .. and its still not delivered .. Can't waste my money by calling CC ..

Its ridiculous. I had called them again last month , they said it will be there in 7 days... still nothing!