Tata sky may damage your valuable TV

• Thread starter Thread starter ajain
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 9,806
I am using Tata Sky HD for my plasma TV. It is clearly given in the TV Manual
that never diaplay still images for a longer perod of time to prevent image burn(image ghosting).This is a common phenomenon with plasma,LCD,LED TV.
How this problem is related to tata Sky ??
The problem is when i start the TV,Default channel is 100,starts.
This channel displays still image advertisements for as long as 6 hour duration like (Active Games ,Bonus of Rs 15 with recharge of 300 or more)
Suppose if somebody forget to turn off the tv due to power cut or by mistake.
Then this may lead to damage the TV.
Can you provide Solution to this problem?
I think this problem is associated with every Tata Sky HD Subscriber ..

Image retention is a remote possibility in Plasma panels. And, this is always reversible. (But it will take six to 10 times more time to cancell that).

For example, I have Panasonic plasma. Panasonic plasma official site says that the image retention is no more a serious problem than say what we had in direct tube TV. (CRT). Hence, I believe that you are chasing a ghost !!!

Also, Plasma panels vulnerability is high in the initial break in period of 100 to 200 hours. After that, It really takes long long time to burn an image. Say, atleast 100 hours at a stretch.

So, Don't worry. Enjoy the picture....

Also, Always switch off the main plug when not wanted. Especially, if you have a DVR. Because, DVR s guzzle power and the amount of current it uses even in standby mode is outrageous. Easily you must be spending Rs.200 to Rs.300 if you leave the DVR on standby all the time.

Friend, for power outage, You should be more worried about voltage and power spikes. I hope you have bought a voltage stabilizer AND a spike guard. If not, Please run immediately and a get VGUARD DIGITAL 3 AMP stabilizer (from reputed dealer) and Gold spike guard (from Chroma).

That is what you should do. And, forget about the image retention problem which does NOT exist in practice