Tata Sky is the Best

• Thread starter Thread starter s_parkhi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 8,620
i was laughing to hear some the views from co bloggers about CC at Tata Sky is best
are u guys crazy they have the worst cc they dont know any thing and all the time us will get answers which is really funny
I think u guys hv very short memory just remember problem realted to Neo sports and recntly with star cricket and the answers u used to get from CC.

Next some one said there channels are not crap, i got shock to hear that they have recently launched DD KASHIR (kashmir) now i dont know weather u know or not tht in kashmir there is not DTH, so tata sky is prviding this channels based on thier research of populerly watched channel,which is watched more than ZEE Sports or may be watched more than B4U Music.

U tell me how many MUSIC channel they hv only 3 when there arround 10-12 good music channels are avaibale in india. frgt abt wht they promised abt radio channels

STILL TATA SKY is BEST :hysterical:

Dear Prank2611,
I agree with you, somebody here said ""Tata sky customer care is best in the world "" but i think its just worst in the world they can't even reply for the genuine query correctly and the replies for just funny. they are just commenting other customer service.....but what i feel is Dish tv has much more better customer service than tata sky as i have expireinced both of them.

Dear Prank2611,
I agree with you, somebody here said ""Tata Sky customer care is best in the world "" but i think its just worst in the world they can't even reply for the genuine query correctly and the replies for just funny. they are just commenting other customer service.....but what i feel is Dish tv has much more better customer service than tata sky as i have expireinced both of them.

Dear Anshu,
I am a TataSky cutomer from Aug - 2006. Till this june I have called Tatasky customer care number for only recharging my account because i did not face any problem with tatasky :thumbsup: and we require customer care only when there is problem with the service & technical problems as on date i did not require TataSky CC for such issues unlike Dish TV customers:hysterical:.

Before i bought tatasky i wanted to buy Dish TV but only after reviewing several forums i came to conclusion its better to go blind with tatasky than knowing the problems what dish tv customers are facing. In the various forum which i have reviewed about dish tv a year back each and each every customer was facing problem with respect to activation, payment, billing, activation of channels(switch 0n zee news for 2-3 hrs to get the channel:wall🙂. With respect to customer service a year back many customers conveyed me that they dont even get a reply mail if a customer has sent a mail, if customers try to call dish help line number most of the time the line was busy or dead, or the CC would make them hold for longer time. If any problems they have in STB they need to send their STB to nodia for repairing with out any temprorary arrangementsmade to the customers to have the service and customers some times had to wait for 2-3 months getting back their STB from noida.
Where as tatasky has its regional offices in most of the state capital like Chennai, coimbatore, banglore, mumbai, hyderabad, pune, delhi and soon and they could be reached in the local nuber either 6000 6633 or 6600 6633. If tatasky customers face any problem with STB they make temprorary arangement is made to the customers to have the service which dish tv does not know what it means :hysterical:.

In the month of July i have made so many calls to TataSky cc regarding Star Cricket and i got the same reply. If the same situation was there with dish tv they would have not bothered to take call instead the line would have been busy (all the lines in this route are busy) or dead. In this regard i appreciate Tatasky CC where they had the guts to take the call and also the blastings they got from the customers. This shows that they were not afraid of taking calls from irritated customers unlike dish tv:hysterical:. I wanted to give an example when neo sports where launched in tatasky there were lots of hue & cry with dish tv customers stating that the dish tv help line numbers are not reachable and more importantly if dish tv cc are taking up calls, they also gave crap anwers to customers. Dish tv people till now they have not tasted rather they have not smelled about neo sports in their platform:hysterical:. When it matters we got it which dish tv cutomers did not.

With repect to quantity of channels i am least bothered whether i get 100 channels or 1000 channels in any platform. As i watch only Espn Starsports, Star Cricket,Animal planet, Travel & living, Discovery, History, NGC and occasionally i watch the repeated movies which are tlelecasted in various movie channels. There is not point with customers like me arguing with quantity of channels as i get i the channels what i needed. I am not in need of DD DTH service channel.

With respect to package i agree that you have got much better package than TataSky. Many customers dont know even tatasky customers think that by paying Rs.300 we get only 110 channels where for Rs. 300* Dish Tv is providing 170 channels. In TataSky Rs. 300 is inclusive of all the Tax where in Dish Tv customers pays Rs. 300 + Taxes(12.25%).

To conclude i would like to tell that now dish has realised & have better customer service than earler its due to tatasky's competition which dish tv customers cant deny. If tatasky has not come to market i would have gone with dish tv and i would also been one of the hue & cry members with 1 year back customers:wall:.

I would say dish tv cutomers you enjoy your service:hysterical: and we tatasky customers will enjoy our service:thumbsup:.

Well first you should clear your stats.Dish Tv rent it 300 Rs inclusive of all the Tax. Not addition charges.Also Dish Line is always up since they changed the numbers. Now you will get reply from Dish Mail servcies each and every time.I used Dish Tv since dec. 2006 still I have no problem with Dish Tv. I active every month and takes only 10 minutes. No delay. Channel is also added auomatically not by putting Zee news or Zee Tv. Also STB is not sent to Noida office, It will take care by Dish care centre in every stats and gives you complete New STB if connection is less than 1 years.I am not fighiting you with you but atleast you should know real fact which we experinced. I accept that Dish TV had a not good Custumore service but now they improved.Also Dish Tv provide service more cheapr.If you move your connection on Tata Sky you have to pay 1000 Rs. While we just need to pay 150 Rs.

India said:
Well first you should clear your stats.

Dish Tv rent it 300 Rs inclusive of all the Tax. Not addition charges.
Also Dish Line is always up since they changed the numbers. Now you will get reply from Dish Mail servcies each and every time.

I used Dish Tv since dec. 2006 still I have no problem with Dish Tv. I active every month and takes only 10 minutes. No delay. Channel is also added auomatically not by putting Zee news or Zee Tv. Also STB is not sent to Noida office, It will take care by Dish care centre in every stats and gives you complete New STB if connection is less than 1 years.

I am not fighiting you with you but atleast you should know real fact which we experinced.

I accept that Dish TV had a not good Custumore service but now they improved.

Also Dish Tv provide service more cheapr.
If you move your connection on Tata Sky you have to pay 1000 Rs. While we just need to pay 150 Rs.

First of all i apologise to you that giving wrong input of Rs. 300 of dish tv which is inclusive of taxes and as i thought that * mark provided in their package value would be exclusive of taxes and i once again apologise for that.

Well your using from Dec - 2006 about dish and you yourself comitted in your words that
quote=India;97836]Also Dish Line is always up since they changed the numbers. Now you will get reply from Dish Mail servcies each and every time.

Since you are using from Dec - 2006 you have not faced some problems which others faced earlier. Eg: activation will take 1 full day or even 2 days and you need switch on your digicomp till your activations is done. Now they might have changed activation process as against tatasky takes only 15 - 20 mins that too from the day it launched.

Again you have accepted in your wrods that
India said:
I accept that Dish TV had a not good Custumore service but now they improved.

I have told you the same thing in the end that Dish TV customer service is now improved its because of tatasky coming to market otherwise you would been another hue & cry member of dish tv CC.

One thing i accept that Dish TV charges less than Tatasky on relocation :thumbsup: but issue over here was the customer service:wall:.

as someone who has both (and is not overly impressed by either), I still have to say that anyone who thinks Tata Sky is better is unfortunately unable to see through a "neat package" into the ugly interior.

Dear Ajuravi007,
firstly, i would like to thanks you for your replay and i respect for your thought and loyalty towards the product that you own, But see this is the fact, for every one that they cant listen anything wrong of whatever product they have, But as i told that i have experienced both at my home and on the basis of that only i have given that comment and may be that was the case with you only that you have not faced any problem with Tata Sky......but for me the experience with tata sky was pathetic from the first day ....it tooks 5 days for installation, alignment of dish etc. on fifth day after purchase i will be able to watch my first channel on tata sky and with dish tv it had taken only about 24 hrs..........might be you are right that its just due to compitition that dish TV has improved there services .......and at last what we require a better service......talking about customer service.......frankly speaking my experience was a little bad with tata sky......its not very fruitful Distv as well but up to my satisfaction level. and rightly said by our friends India and eidur that customer service of distv is inceasing day by day and tatasky has gone down very much from the level they have started.

I have been a subscriber to Tata Sky for close to a year. These ar emy views:1. I purchsed the STB at 4 pm in the evening and the dish was installed the next day at 9 am and made operational within an hour.2. Installation was done in a professional way, with proper tools - drilling, use of foundation bolts, clamping of cable on the antenna base, along the wall (both inside and outside the house); even the hole drilled for routing the cable inside was closed with a silicone sealant. (Dishtv antennas, instead, in my building and in a couple of other installations, are hammered with nails and cables are unprofessionally tied with wires and strings.)3. The picture quality has been consistently good; I have lost may be 15 minutes of viewing in the last 10 months. There was no need to contact tatasky for any service deficiency.4. I have done recharging online and by phone. The account was updated on the screen within 15 minutes.5. I am a happy customer and will think twice befor switching to another operator.On the flip side:They are moving away from the customers by 1) Not expanding 2) Not providing more channels 3) Not providing more options 4) Not keeping the subscribers informed about their plans 5) Not explaining the reasons for their sudden decisions - additions and deletions. Of course, if one does not get the channel he is keen on, he should switch.

I have been a subscriber to Tata Sky for close to a year. These ar emy views:
1. I purchsed the STB at 4 pm in the evening and the dish was installed the next day at 9 am and made operational within an hour.
2. Installation was done in a professional way, with proper tools - drilling, use of foundation bolts, clamping of cable on the antenna base, along the wall (both inside and outside the house); even the hole drilled for routing the cable inside was closed with a silicone sealant. (Dishtv antennas, instead, in my building and in a couple of other installations, are hammered with nails and cables are unprofessionally tied with wires and strings.)
3. The picture quality has been consistently good; I have lost may be 15 minutes of viewing in the last 10 months. There was no need to contact tatasky for any service deficiency.
4. I have done recharging online and by phone. The account was updated on the screen within 15 minutes.
5. I am a happy customer and will think twice befor switching to another operator.
On the flip side:
They are moving away from the customers by 1) Not expanding 2) Not providing more channels 3) Not providing more options 4) Not keeping the subscribers informed about their plans 5) Not explaining the reasons for their sudden decisions - additions and deletions.

Of course, if one does not get the channel he is keen on, he should switch.

I agree with you totally tech. I have bought tatasky on Aug - 24 2006 and they installed the dish on Aug 25th by 4 PM and i got the channels immidietly. Till now i have not faced any problem except the star cricket matter.

I also totally agree with you regarding the negative aspects which have mentioned:wall:.

Dear Ajuravi007,
firstly, i would like to thanks you for your replay and i respect for your thought and loyalty towards the product that you own, But see this is the fact, for every one that they cant listen anything wrong of whatever product they have, But as i told that i have experienced both at my home and on the basis of that only i have given that comment and may be that was the case with you only that you have not faced any problem with tata sky......but for me the experience with tata sky was pathetic from the first day ....it tooks 5 days for installation, alignment of dish etc. on fifth day after purchase i will be able to watch my first channel on tata sky and with dish tv it had taken only about 24 hrs..........might be you are right that its just due to compitition that dish TV has improved there services .......and at last what we require a better service......talking about customer service.......frankly speaking my experience was a little bad with tata sky......its not very fruitful Distv as well but up to my satisfaction level. and rightly said by our friends India and eidur that customer service of distv is inceasing day by day and tatasky has gone down very much from the level they have started.

Mr. Anshu FYI: I accept that i dont use Dish TV its all about my views what i get from members of various forum and also in this forum you could see the Zee TV DTH Forum in which many complains about quality of channels like HBO, Star Cricket, Star Sports and many more look on that please https://broadband.forum/zee-dish-tv-dth/14310-looking-you-suggestions-complaints-make-dishtv-better/. You are one of the customer who dont face problems on dish tv but there are many who face problems.

I do accept that tatasky customers do complain but not about the service of quality of channel telecast but most of them complain on quantity of channels which they compare to Dish TV. Dish Tv might be providing so many channels but more often they remove it also. In this regard i also accept that tatasky removed 13 zee channels & neo sports channels. I am not bothered about zee tv 13 channels:yahoo: which were deleted but indeed i was upset when neo sports were removed. In dish deletion of channels occur frequently:yahoo:. Goal TV, Geo Pak TV and many more channels.

My experiance with the installation was excellent. I contacted the dealer at 10 AM in the morning. He agreed to deliver the Digicomp at my home at 2PM. But I got the call from Tata Sky for installation at 1PM only and I told them that I am yet to receive the Digicomp and got it scheduled at 4 PM. The Digicomp came at around 03-30, engineers came with Dish at 4 PM and within half an hour the installation was complete. Engineer was well equipped and well trained. He seemed to be in no hurry and gave us some insight into the features of remote also. From Feb-07 till date, I have't called Customer Care for any problem except for enquiries for new channels. I agree that regarding new channels, they don't have any updates. Apart from that I didn't have any issues. I have got Thompson Digicomp.

Well I had a good experince with both DTH systems.

First I talk about Tata Sky. My uncle who also live with us orderd Tatasky om 21st Nov. at 9 Am and we get this kit at night 8.30 PM. Than he comeback on second day at 8.30 Am and Started my Tatasky connection at near 10 Am

Now I ordered Dish Tv in Dec 20 in mornig 12.20 Pm and he fit my connection around 5 Pm same day and I got activation on 6 Pm. Same day.

So for me both was good in installation.

So far I have no problems on any conection. Only problem is new channels. I need some channels on both DTH system.

I agree with you totally tech. I have bought tatasky on Aug - 24 2006 and they installed the dish on Aug 25th by 4 PM and i got the channels immidietly. Till now i have not faced any problem except the star cricket matter.

I also totally agree with you regarding the negative aspects which have mentioned:wall:.

Mr. Anshu FYI: I accept that i dont use Dish TV its all about my views what i get from members of various forum and also in this forum you could see the Zee TV DTH Forum in which many complains about quality of channels like HBO, Star Cricket, Star Sports and many more look on that please https://broadband.forum/zee-dish-tv-dth/14310-looking-you-suggestions-complaints-make-dishtv-better/. You are one of the customer who dont face problems on dish tv but there are many who face problems.

I do accept that tatasky customers do complain but not about the service of quality of channel telecast but most of them complain on quantity of channels which they compare to Dish TV. Dish Tv might be providing so many channels but more often they remove it also. In this regard i also accept that tatasky removed 13 zee channels & neo sports channels. I am not bothered about zee tv 13 channels:yahoo: which were deleted but indeed i was upset when neo sports were removed. In dish deletion of channels occur frequently:yahoo:. Goal TV, Geo Pak TV and many more channels.
aju, They have bit problem with Star Sports but other channels is clear as other.

Sometimes TV also make important part. Some times people does not set their color and brightness and asking for dull pictures. I have no problem for Star Cricket and other channels.

But Star Sport have issue of picture quality. But simliar you have bit problems with Zee channels. This is not fault of DTH but it is is fight between Zee and Star which make this problems.😀

incidentally, they aren't interested in adding any new channels. They don't have enough transponders is there new excuse. Hard to believe when you consider how many channels they've knocked off, though.

the thred should be like this Tata Sky is worst what is good in tatasky is pic quality and sound quality nothing else only no of fta channels and some useless pay channels and for that they are taking 300 they should have added sun raj and neo channels instead of radio channels who wants to hear radio in dth stupids only do this

as someone who has both (and is not overly impressed by either), I still have to say that anyone who thinks Tata Sky is better is unfortunately unable to see through a \"neat package\" into the ugly interior.

Star Cricket is suprisingly available on both the platforms - tatasky & dishtv india.
Ofcourse it is looking much better on the tata sky network, on dishtv most channels look like playing off an old desaturated VHS tape. But surprisingly its available on both the platforms at almost the same time & we are happily watching our india vs england test matches which are being aired only on star cricket.

DTH India Digital Satellite TV

Do you agree with this report published in the link above. In all the demos I have seen tatasky quality was better than dish tv. Of course the dealers do manipulate to push the brands they want.

guyz i am having dish tv and don't find any difference in the picture and sound quality of star cricket in both channels as i have seen this on my friends Tata Sky as well.