Tata Sky is the Best

• Thread starter Thread starter s_parkhi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 8,622
no seriously mate. How much did those baboos pay you for this message? Surely no one in their right minds can believe they are getting great choice, value for money or anything of that nature. Quality sports channels w/ delinking into India: GOAL TV1, GOAL TV2, Neo Sports, Neo Sports Plus, Star, ESPN, Star Cricket, Zee Sports, Ten Sports.Tata Sky stands at 4/9, which is a bit better than the 3/10 i would rate its overall service at, and I'm in a really good mood today so I might be overstating it. When the satellite TV in tiny neighbouring Sri Lanka can be so much better than it is in India, we have a real problem on our hands!

I can't understand how these can be called "Quality" sports channels. Ten Sports, Zee Sports, Neo are not quality channels for me except in case they get the rights for a good series. Still the quality of commentary and analysis is not comparable to ESPN Star. They are just like DD sports which gets the rights for Olympics and show it for next 5 years.I agree with you on Goal TV which is a must have channel for Football lovers just like Star Cricket is a must have channel for Cricket lovers.

I can't understand how these can be called "Quality" sports channels. Ten Sports, Zee Sports, Neo are not quality channels for me except in case they get the rights for a good series. Still the quality of commentary and analysis is not comparable to ESPN Star. They are just like DD sports which gets the rights for Olympics and show it for next 5 years.

I agree with you on Goal TV which is a must have channel for Football lovers just like Star Cricket is a must have channel for Cricket lovers.

Yes, and Neo Sports Plus has rights to the Bundesliga.. Zee Sports has rights to Serie A - so these are all more than useful channels.

The role of a satellite TV distributor is not to provide a few channels like the cablewallah, but to provide choice to us all. Sports Content does exactly that. If I want to watch football, why the **** should Tata Sky deny me that chance, when I am willing to pay for it?

nice 2 see abt positive things abt Tata Sky... thats what iam looking for.scv has finally given star cricket frm yesterday due to pressure.but still tata sky is excellent in customer care as u people have mentioned.may be i wud switch sooner to that.

Now we are happy that we got star cricket but we are more than happy how the channel got delivered unlike dish tv who were testing the channel for more than 72 and still people were not clear which channel it is coming where as Tata Sky signed the agreement and with in 15 hrs the channel is been delivered where as dish TV failed in that aspect:thumbsup:.

Hi Friends,
after seeing this thread and the way you guyz fighting each other i can not resist myself away from this and just wanna be part of it, firstly nice to see lots of good and bad comments on tata sky and dish tv i just wanted to know how testing can effect anybody whether it will be for 72 hrs or 15 hrs the main thing here is we will be able to watch cricket series well on time and even my opinion was that if you would test signal before launching then it will be off great help in future and for long time run and would like to know from you that how would you know that dish tv is testing their signals for more than 72 hrs. and tata for 15 hrs......??????

Hi Friends,
after seeing this thread and the way you guyz fighting each other i can not resist myself away from this and just wanna be part of it, firstly nice to see lots of good and bad comments on Tata Sky and dish tv i just wanted to know how testing can effect anybody whether it will be for 72 hrs or 15 hrs the main thing here is we will be able to watch cricket series well on time and even my opinion was that if you would test signal before launching then it will be off great help in future and for long time run and would like to know from you that how would you know that dish tv is testing their signals for more than 72 hrs. and tata for 15 hrs......??????
well i agree with Anshu's Comment how come testing matter effecting viewers.....even when test signal were given it has been mentioned there its test signal so, there is no point where viewer is not clear about any thing but in fact it helps viewer and give surity that this channel is surely there for watching.

3 Cheers to Tata Sky for launching Star Cricket :thumbsup:. Dish TV might have launched the channel before Tata Sky, but the picture and sound quality given by Tata Sky is simply superb and it can't be compared with Dish TV. Moreover Dish TV first started the Test Signals, then launched the channel on different number, then shifted the channel to another number, whereas Tata Sky just launched the final product on channel 413 and thats all.

Even though some signal problem is a common DTH problem worldwide during rains, Dish TV has that problem more than Tata Sky. Even Dish TV stock prices in share market are down due to this. Read the articled in ET on signal problem in Dish TV and its effect on share prices from http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/2216219.cms

Those who want quantity should opt for Dish TV with lots of crap channels, but those who want quality must opt for Tata Sky with best quality and lessor number of crap channels.
Oh! Really, i completely agree with Boygr8, see opting Dish tv just for Quantity.....i think Dish tv is offering Quantity with quality as well....about crap channels .....that might me for you they just are crap channels but may be for others they are real entertainer. what i think is you are just thinking of yourself But in my opinion if your are launching a product in india you need to take care of all kind of genre may be regional channels are crap for you but for regional viewer in different part on india that will a complete entertainer.....hey i am not marketing for dish tv or against tata sky i am just giving my views what i feel....and also its not personal with any body......just think of it what i have written.

yes, which is why regional channels should be optional add ons. Marathi channels are no good to Bangalis and Punjabis, and Punjabi channels are no good to viewers in the south... and none of this stuff is any good to me. Sure, Tata Sky should offer all these OPTIONS, but they should also offer me the OPTIONS that I want. So, they should offer a basic package priced at a nominal rate - i.e. Rs.100 - with only FTA and a basic group of channels... Then offer add-on packages, Bengali package, Marathi Package, Punjabi Package, etc... and premium packages - i.e. high priced Western Entertainment Package, Sports Package, etc... and then offer the OPTION of subscribing for individual channels.As subscribers we have no obligation to think of what will be less work for Tata Sky or easier for their baboos. Our only obligation is to ourselves, and to pay for what is valuable to us. Welcome to capitalism sir.

Thanks eidur for your valuable reply, Just want to confirm one thing, i have heard that as per TDSAT statement Tata Sky have some due on dish tv ie tata sky has to pay Rs. 9 crore to Dishtv if this money has not paid to dish tv than all ZEE channels will be out from tata sky bouquet or tatasky platform. is that true .....i have read this article also in business standard of 15th July. it is really true???????????????

Thanks eidur for your valuable reply, Just want to confirm one thing, i have heard that as per TDSAT statement Tata Sky have some due on dish tv ie tata sky has to pay Rs. 9 crore to Dishtv if this money has not paid to dish tv than all ZEE channels will be out from tata sky bouquet or tatasky platform. is that true .....i have read this article also in business standard of 15th July. it is really true???????????????

No idea. I've only read the same article.
A senior management exec is due to call me on Monday. I will ask him that, whilst further questioning him on Neo Sports Plus (the guy told me they were asking for 58.50 for their channels, they're asking for 18.75 - and I have this in writing).
So, if I find out anything further, I will post it here. But getting genuine answers from tata sky is nearly impossible.

No idea. I've only read the same article.

So, if I find out anything further, I will post it here. But getting genuine answers from Tata Sky is nearly impossible.

You are wrong. Getting answers from tatasky is impossible.

What, cuz I used the word nearly?

On both counts; you don't get genuine or correct answers; and getting an answer is impossible.

Am adding a bit more weight to your valid observations. Tata Sky has neither acknowledged or replied any of my email.

On both counts; you don't get genuine or correct answers; and getting an answer is impossible.

Am adding a bit more weight to your valid observations. Tata Sky has neither acknowledged or replied any of my email.

Right on. Likewise.
They only bother replying to suck-up emails, because they're a bunch of old baboos who can't cope with consumer demands. Laughable organization, incapable of seeing the light in becoming consumer friendly. Fact is, if they were consumer friendly, they could own this market.

i was laughing to hear some the views from co bloggers about CC at Tata Sky is best
are u guys crazy they have the worst cc they dont know any thing and all the time us will get answers which is really funny
I think u guys hv very short memory just remember problem realted to Neo sports and recntly with star cricket and the answers u used to get from CC.

Next some one said there channels are not crap, i got shock to hear that they have recently launched DD KASHIR (kashmir) now i dont know weather u know or not tht in kashmir there is not DTH, so tata sky is prviding this channels based on thier research of populerly watched channel,which is watched more than ZEE Sports or may be watched more than B4U Music.

U tell me how many MUSIC channel they hv only 3 when there arround 10-12 good music channels are avaibale in india. frgt abt wht they promised abt radio channels

STILL TATA SKY is BEST :hysterical: