• Thread starter Thread starter s_parkhi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 8,621

s_parkhi

Regulars
ISP
BSNL
3 Cheers to Tata Sky for launching Star Cricket :thumbsup:. Dish TV might have launched the channel before Tata Sky, but the picture and sound quality given by Tata Sky is simply superb and it can't be compared with Dish TV. Moreover Dish TV first started the Test Signals, then launched the channel on different number, then shifted the channel to another number, whereas Tata Sky just launched the final product on channel 413 and thats all.

Even though some signal problem is a common DTH problem worldwide during rains, Dish TV has that problem more than Tata Sky. Even Dish TV stock prices in share market are down due to this. Read the articled in ET on signal problem in Dish TV and its effect on share prices from http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/2216219.cms

Those who want quantity should opt for Dish TV with lots of crap channels, but those who want quality must opt for Tata Sky with best quality and lessor number of crap channels.

How much Tata Sky pay u for this?

Boygr8, please don't go personal. I also have shouted a lot on Tata Sky CC for Star Cricket, I have posted many suggestions in Kunal's forum. But at the same time, we should appreciate the good things also. I am also a normal Tata subscriber and the question of Tata paying me doesn't arise. The link I have given is from Economic Times which is also a reliable newspaper.I you don't agree with my views, you are free to express your views. It seems that you are not capable of that and thats why you are taking doubts on the genuineness of my views. The common objective of the forum should be the collective efforts to get the best from Tata Sky. If you are going personal, you are deviating from the basic objectives and I request to keep yourself away from the public forum. Thanks.

3 Cheers to Tata Sky for launching Star Cricket :thumbsup:. Dish TV might have launched the channel before Tata Sky, but the picture and sound quality given by Tata Sky is simply superb and it can't be compared with Dish TV. Moreover Dish TV first started the Test Signals, then launched the channel on different number, then shifted the channel to another number, whereas Tata Sky just launched the final product on channel 413 and thats all.

Even though some signal problem is a common DTH problem worldwide during rains, Dish TV has that problem more than Tata Sky. Even Dish TV stock prices in share market are down due to this. Read the articled in ET on signal problem in Dish TV and its effect on share prices from http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/2216219.cms

Those who want quantity should opt for Dish TV with lots of crap channels, but those who want quality must opt for Tata Sky with best quality and lessor number of crap channels.

I agree with you :thumbsup:, only that now TATASKY should get more aggressive in getting some good quality channels on board

I agree with you :thumbsup:, only that now Tata Sky should get more aggressive in getting some good quality channels on board
I think TataSky will not add channels till it gets Sun TV and its right too. Once they get sun tv on board then they could think about the other channels what needs to be added. Slow and steady wins the race. We might be slow but TataSky will win the race.:thumbsup:

And i would like to promise & bet you guys Sun TV Bocquet of channels will be available on TataSky first:thumbsup:.

The thing is that u guys get too emotional. Till the time Tata Sky was not showing Star cricket, u were cusrsing it like hell. Screaming , shouting , opening new threads dissing Tata Sky. now its showing that Star cricket, it has become the best thing in the worldU dont have one stand........u fluctuate from one extreme to another in just a frac of sec

The thing is that u guys get too emotional. Till the time Tata Sky was not showing Star cricket, u were cusrsing it like hell. Screaming , shouting , opening new threads dissing Tata Sky.
now its showing that Star cricket, it has become the best thing in the world

U dont have one stand........u fluctuate from one extreme to another in just a frac of sec

Now we are happy that we got star cricket but we are more than happy how the channel got delivered unlike dish tv who were testing the channel for more than 72 and still people were not clear which channel it is coming where as tatasky signed the agreement and with in 15 hrs the channel is been delivered where as dish TV failed in that aspect:thumbsup:.

I agree with Parkhi. I selected Tata Sky after watching the demos of Tatasky and Dish TV in more than one shop. I am a satisfied customer as far as quality of reception and up-time is concerned. I hope there will be a general consensus on this.Regarding other issues - more channels, wider choice, (better) response to customers' meeds - these are genuine and are likely to remain in focus for ever.I feel, Tata sky will not get Sun channels, till Sun DTH is launched. Otherwise tatasky will get a large number of potential customers in south and sun will start the race with a serious handicap.

SUN may follw same like STAR, initially STAR channels were not available on Tata Sky, but once TS were ready to launch, they gave channels to DISH & in return got some ZEE channels, now may be SUN will later provide its content to TS & DISH & in return expect to get some STAR & ZEE content on its DTH, bcoz they also want to do the business, they cannot survive only on SUN channels alone

I agree with tech_enthu. Quality is beyond question, and regarding other issues, we stand united in this forum like we did for Star Cricket. There is a nice thread started by Kunal also to make our suggestions

Well I have both connection So I give better comments on this. Please don't mind for it.

Picture Quality:

Tata Sky far better than Dish Tv on picture Quality. Dish Tv now improved their system because of complain. They have good Quality on 4 Tp out of 8. Those are 12688-h/v(Zee channels+ New channels),12647( All Sony channels),12534(ESPN and Star channels). At the moment they are doing work in two TP.

Channels:
Dish Tv have upper hand in this metter because we have less channels and also missing some exclusive channels and some good channels but Tatasky add Sun channels near future.

Now I will give list of Advantages of both DTH system.

Tatasky:
-> Quality is best.
-> CC is also better than Dish Tv.
-> Remote is better than Dish Tv.
-> Have Message system
-> Activation is faster than Dish Tv.

Dish Tv
-> Easy language change button
-> Many channels
-> They have 5 new TP which carry atleast 70+ channels.
-> You can still watch Tv even not paying.
-> No charge on moving connection.
-> Fast in recharge by ITZ card.

As far as picture quality is concerned Tata Sky is way ahead of Dish tv.Tata Sky provides best picture quality than any other broadcaster in India atleast.Talking about no. of channels,Tata Sky is behind Dish tv.But the fact is that it took four and half years to get 170 channels for Dish tv.Tata Sky is just on the verge of completing one year of service.So for future Tata Sky is the best.I think there is no need to compare customer care service.Tata sky CC is best is India than any other service.

As far as picture quality is concerned Tata Sky is way ahead of Dish tv.Tata Sky provides best picture quality than any other broadcaster in India atleast.
Talking about no. of channels,Tata Sky is behind Dish tv.But the fact is that it took four and half years to get 170 channels for Dish tv.Tata Sky is just on the verge of completing one year of service.So for future Tata Sky is the best.
I think there is no need to compare customer care service.Tata sky CC is best is India than any other service.

To be honest i have called only once in 1 year of my TataSky experience and the problem was on Favorite Channels. The problem was rectified in a minute by talking to Technical guy with TataSky:thumbsup:. The only other where i would made more than 100 calls to TataSky CC is inregards to StarCricket :hysterical: and they did a fantastic job in bringing the channel even though it was late. Still in dish tv people face some problems for example the EPG where they have listed for 2 or 3 days where as tatasky once the channel was aired the EPG was available for the next wee. Its proves the quality of TataSky. Even though TataSky brought star cricket late to its customers but it was latest to the customers and tatasky customers were able to watch starcricket with out any hassels:yahoo: unlike Dish TV :hysterical:.

Hey Guyz, Cool don't fight and won't go personal with anybody,in fact we should honour the views expressed by our friends, but in contrary i would like to say that its better if perform testing before launching a channel and then launch to avoid any further problems....as far as picture and sound quality was concerned i think both have same there is nothing to compare on that. In addition, during rainfall distruction and blackout on channels were there with Tata Sky too, its not only with dish tv actually it was technology constraint that during rain or heavy storm or wind the signal were gone off but just for few min and then automatically resotred......to be very honest this problem was more with Tata sky. and it is less with Dish tv.