TATA SKY in america?

• Thread starter Thread starter indy1811
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 19,554

indy1811

ISP
Airtel
Hi,Is it possible to use Tata Sky in America? My cousin is planning to buy the STB here, get it activated, recharge it for a whole year and take the dish and box with him when he flies to the US later this month. Since the signal is accessed via satellite, would it possible to view all the channels from there. I've heard from a few friends that a few people in Dubai are already doing this. Would just like to confirm if it would work there as well.Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Is it possible to use Tata Sky in America? .

Yes,you can use it for any other thing like putting some items on it,or giving it as toy to children,but you cant watch anything on it in America.:hysterical:

This question has been asked earlier on this forum, and the simple response is NO. The satellites do not cover that part of the world. I mean the ones which Tata Sky uses.

The satellite which carry Tata Sky sginal cover only a certain face of the planet and america lies on the other face ... so its not possible.There is always the internet to donwload the indian tv...

Hi,

Is it possible to use Tata Sky in America? My cousin is planning to buy the STB here, get it activated, recharge it for a whole year and take the dish and box with him when he flies to the US later this month.

Since the signal is accessed via satellite, would it possible to view all the channels from there. I've heard from a few friends that a few people in Dubai are already doing this. Would just like to confirm if it would work there as well.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

buy recharge it and ask him to give it to you as it is not going to work for him in USA.

Sky tv may work in USA. Indain tv channels are not covered internationally you may have to subscribe for them.

Haha You made my evening +Rep!

Yes,you can use it for any other thing like putting some items on it,or giving it as toy to children,but you cant watch anything on it in America.:hysterical:

Sky tv may work in USA. Indain tv channels are not covered internationally you may have to subscribe for them.
😕:wall::ishock::iomg:
You better need to do more study on Sky TV, Tata Sky and Indian channels.
And also better read your text before posting :readtherules:

😕:wall::ishock::iomg:
You better need to do more study on Sky TV, Tata Sky and Indian channels.
And also better read your text before posting :readtherules:

WHAT?? are indian channels covered internationally??
enlighten the topic so I may learn more on Sky TV, Tata Sky and Indian channels.

of course. a lot of zee and star channels are broadcast in europe and usa. they are pretty expensive there... like we get channels like HBO, Americans too get to see Indian channels 🙂

Dear TS fanboy try searching in google. This thread is not for that. @SVKIf you want to help him do it in PM or in another thread. As you know how big you need to teach.

of course. a lot of zee and star channels are broadcast in europe and usa.

they are pretty expensive there...

like we get channels like HBO, Americans too get to see Indian channels 🙂

So that means we don't have to subscribe for them. As HBO and Star Movies don't usually require separate channel subscription as of MTV international and Channel V international we do have to pay extra subscription if provided in area. When I use to have cable, area cable host use to provide MTV and Channel V international.

well here in india a lot of channels are practically forced upon us through bouquets. i think rules are pretty strict overseas and you pay per channel.

well here in india a lot of channels are practically forced upon us through bouquets. i think rules are pretty strict overseas and you pay per channel.

Yes we do have to pay per channel but what about DTH as DTH incorporates packages?