Tata Sky HD plus internet connectivity (via LAN) coming soon!

• Thread starter Thread starter IMNS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 32,961
wtf when i download this file my system hang and restart , when i open firefox and restore tabs then again system hang again restart then i remove all temp and start new firefox ahhh then everything is normal , plz remove this , printing not respond

If its not working in ur system then its not my problem. Its asks for printing u need to roll ur mouse over and click cancel or press esc 😀

We're going off topic here guys. Any time frame for Tata Sky to launch the Netflix like streaming service?

The cc rep told me it'll be launched within a couple of weeks. The HT article also mentions a sept/oct launch.

Hi guys!Sorry i am novice here...How this whole thing will work... will they bring in another wire into the home and put it into the ethernet port in the Tata Sky box in order to get internet in the box or will that be done through already existing TS DTH cable(s)?Secondly, will it be reserved for the purpose of contents allowed by Tata Sky to watch on the TV only or will that internet can be parted to work in desktop / laptop or even on mobile (through wi-fi)? If they manage to allow/facilitate to watch youtube, check mails and surf sites, i think the normal TV will become Internet TV or Google TV; will it be possible?My android mobile has vodafone 3G connections to access internet, but when at home i have airtel broadband which my mobile access it through wifi, and now if TS decide to open this internet to be used beyond TV, i will be going to have a 3rd channel for internet... too many options... good? bad ? 🤔Whatever is the case, it's indeed an exciting news...

From my understanding it'll work the same way the TS box downloads new firmware for your Box through the satellite connection.I guess the speeds have to be good for the firmware to be downloaded so quickly(i'm assuming here that the firmware is somewhat big in size).Just one ethernet cable from your STB to your TV and it'll be done.I don't think there will be anything else installed.

They haven't officially launched it yet it seems. I gave them a call and the CC rep told me that they are rolling it out mostly for testing purposes right now. Once the system is set up and running without any issues, they'll announce it officially. I told them I was interested in the service but they couldn't guarantee when/if I'll get it before official launch. Didnt even have any info about pricing structure and available content other than that there will be both movies and TV shows available.

I too called the call center just now - the guy said that you require 2 things1) Tata Sky + HD box2) Internet connection - wired/wirelessCall center executive said that the service will be launched within next 3 to 10 days, and will be free of cost (as of now)

ok. from what i see. they are adding support for internet connectivity. you need to have an existing internet connection. and only this connectivity is free. they are still going to charge for any movie downloads right?

eh? I dont get the free connectivity thing. Ofcourse it has to be free... thats a simple software update. I aint buying no hardware. Maybe I am jumping the gun here but to me the word free relates to content only.::crossing fingers and hoping against hope::::

Service cant be free. No frigging way. Maybe they'll give you a month of free trial but you seriously cant expect them to give it away completely for free. And believe me, free isnt good for you either. If its free, then it'll be all crap movies and shows which no one would want to waste their time with anyways.