• Thread starter Thread starter dOne
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 12,880

dOne

Curious
ISP
BSNL 500 Combo
Hi, I recently got TV(Panasonic 29" Viera LCD) from US relative. As TV supports 720p HD so I bought Tata Sky HD, but now problem is when I connect Video cables (Video In, Audio L and R) to corresponding TV port its showing flickering black and white picture with audio. I also tried connecting HDMI cable but its not working at all, showing blank picture. Please help me with what could be problem. TS technician told me that its problem with TV, but TV is working great with WII console (both on HDMI and Video ports). Also I could not locate setting menu on TataSky HD which is available on old TataSky.

Just a thought. For the SD connection , Does this TV support PAL+NTSC , or only NTSC? If so, it could explain the signal issue ... For HD , do check if you can set the STB to 720p ( or somehow disable 1080i ) ? Also ,can you try connecting the STB - TV using component cables? --> Just use your RCA cables to connect the RGB from the STB to the TV, and see ...

TV do not have PAL/NTSC setting, also I could not locate any setting menu in Tata Sky menu. Technician are suggesting me to get PALtoNTSC converter.

Do try connect using the component cables ( Analog HD connection ) . Can you try this and post the result ?

which TS box you have?

I have Tata Sky HD

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Yes tried analog connection as well and its showing black/white flickering picture.

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

Yes tried analog connection as well and its showing black/white flickering picture.

Do try connect using the component cables ( Analog HD connection ) . Can you try this and post the result ?

There must be a color scheme option in your TV, try setting it to auto instead of Pal, secam etc...

Most of the US Panels are 60 Hz only - unline the indian and EU version which handle 50 Hz as well. You need HDMI switcher which converts 50 Hz to 60 Hz. ALternatiely just get DishTV - it does both Frequencies out of he box

Option 1
Option 2

These are the costly options u have if u want to use TS on ur TV. But considering a 32" LCD can be bought for under 25k now does not make sense to buy a 8-10k convertor... Another option is just buy a Dish TV HD connection which many say is compatible with both PAL & NTSC...

PS I m gonna buy one of those convertor boxes for myself as my parents have a trip to the US/Canada planned later this year... They are planning to buy a nice 55"-60" LED & bring back to India 😀 ...

I heard that Tata Sky STB can be modified (by TS technicians) to change it 60Hz. Does anyone know more on this??

I have Tata Sky HD

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

DUDE, having read the entire post concerning your issue, you definitely have an NTSC ONLY TV, and Tata Sky HD is PAL only, because India follows PAL broadcast. This reminds of the TV I bought in Japan 15 years ago(by mistake) which was NTSC only and didnot work here no matter what. Also, folks please do not post issues here which do not concern TATA SKY HD Directly. This is more of a connection/TV issue. Thanks.