Tata Sky+ HD Exchange Offer

• Thread starter Thread starter amar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 22,733
the offer is on since last 2 months

First I paid Rs. 4500 for TS in buying the Set Box on Aug - 2006; In 2009 i exchanged that box for for TS+ and they gave a discount of Rs. 1000 along with free installation; by Jan - 2010 i bought TS Standard Digicomp Box for 999 for Multi TV connection; August - 2011 bought TS HD+ for Rs. 3,990 in exchange of Standard Digicomp box and i got a discount of Rs. 300 and free installation charges....

This idiots should be F**k**n crazy, made me pay 10k & now we get a credit of 500 bucks only !
That's insane

remove hdd and sell hdd for 1K

So it looks you have invested much money in Tata Sky itself.., But people who get a SD connection now they are Just needs to pay 999 only. and HD itself for 2500....But i do not know whats there to promote that they are giving bonus credit., as in Tatasky subscription charges itself comes around 300 with required channels on average.

remove hdd and sell hdd for 1K

This should be worth a try but might not fetch 1k but for sure more than 500 bucks for that 160gb hdd

So it looks you have invested much money in Tata Sky itself.., But people who get a SD connection now they are Just needs to pay 999 only. and HD itself for 2500....

But i do not know whats there to promote that they are giving bonus credit., as in Tatasky subscription charges itself comes around 300 with required channels on average.

I can call it a Scam but i guess this is how most providers work across the globe, old tech usually has little or no value 🙁

My investment in TS is similar, may be a couple of hundred this way or the other. But TS was a pioneer and their ware - stb, quality of video and service was far ahead of dishtv. Installation of ts was professional with proper mounting of dish, routing of cable and clamps compare to dishrv, who use dto install like the local cable tv operator - nailing of antenna, point to point cabling, tieing cables with hemp rope or wire. Even the user interface was better in TS.

TS was the first to introduce recording facility. SD was nowhere in the scene then. Of course there are more operators now and prices are decided by competition.

On the whole, TS experience has be quite satisfactory and well above average.

So it looks you have invested much money in Tata Sky itself.., But people who get a SD connection now they are Just needs to pay 999 only. and HD itself for 2500....

But i do not know whats there to promote that they are giving bonus credit., as in Tatasky subscription charges itself comes around 300 with required channels on average.

TS was the first to introduce recording facility. SD was nowhere in the scene then.

Correction: Dish TV was the first to introduce recording facility. No one else was in the scene then.

Correction: Dish TV was the first to introduce recording facility. No one else was in the scene then.

No pal, from what i remember Dish TV was the first DTH company in India but TS launched the 1st recorder & i guess Sun DTH launched the first HD enabled STB & so on...

----------

My investment in TS is similar, may be a couple of hundred this way or the other. But TS was a pioneer and their ware - stb, quality of video and service was far ahead of dishtv. Installation of ts was professional with proper mounting of dish, routing of cable and clamps compare to dishrv, who use dto install like the local cable tv operator - nailing of antenna, point to point cabling, tieing cables with hemp rope or wire. Even the user interface was better in TS.

TS was the first to introduce recording facility. SD was nowhere in the scene then. Of course there are more operators now and prices are decided by competition.

On the whole, TS experience has be quite satisfactory and well above average.

I agree to a certain extent but then they also charged heavily, i'm one of the consumers who paid 10k for the Tata Sky+ PVR box which was later reduced to less than 5k + i have also paid annual subscription of 5-5.5k for 2yrs + also paid approx Rs. 450 for add-on connections(Rs. 150 pm for each). Consider my losses.

To top that when my almost new PVR STB started acting up they replaced it with a so called 'Demo Box' at the local service center which was also defective & keeps freezing till date + also kept calling me for almost 7-8 months asking me to return the original STB which was taken away by the engineer who gave the Demo box. But besides all of these i still stick to Tatasky only because i consider them the 'Best of the worst', after hearing all the horrible stories of other DTH providers

No pal, from what i remember Dish TV was the first DTH company in India but TS launched the 1st recorder & i guess Sun DTH launched the first HD enabled STB & so on...

No 🙂 Dish TV was actually the first to launch a DVR in India. Absolutely no doubt about that. It is another thing that it was a disaster as they neither created awareness about it nor could get anyone to buy it. They finally scrapped it. This was before Tata Sky or the others even started their service. They are yet to come out with a DVR after that.