Tata Sky E-mailer to all the Customer's.

• Thread starter Thread starter hondaactiva
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 8,221
@dhoni

he wont be able to read your posts since he is ignored you

@kumar_1980
😛 lol.

I personally have no problem if they add any crap eventhough i dont see. But if they remove channels which we love to see the most, that irritates me a lot! and those comments supporting them !

He reads my posts well. Just put like that in his signature. The Tamil, Malayalam channels shown on Tata Sky are all FTA except Sun, Ktv, Sun news and Sun music and we need to pay Rs.50 for those Sun channels. Even then
Kiran, Surya, Chutti, U2 are all FTA.

They charge us for them!

So now without any Sun packs we will be paying Rs.310 per month! Which means only pay channel Vijay tv costs Rs.310. Malayalees are the maximum affected as none of their channels are pay in Cband.

For members who are against regional channels they need to understand that Tatasky gets money from south India as well and regional viewers pay alot more than national language viewers.

They feel better to pay for some international company rather than for an Indian! Save India.

@kunal ... its not abt wanting south indian channels .. Its abt wanting regional channels in excess ... Regional channels should be limited to 2-3 ... Hindi and english channels should be given preference ... regional channels should come at last ...

hindi channel shud be given pref i agree, as its national lang.english i do not, i dont see any reason why eng channel shud be given pref. it is only in cities and towns where ppl know english but DTH reach even villages where ppl dont know eng well and hardly see eng channels

Hindi and english channels should be given preference
As i see it, this is going to be a never ending argument if we keep talking on the personal front. U prefer more of Hindi and english, so u want them thats plain and simple. Why should they remove the regional languages, We already have hindi channels in plenty. The no. of Regional channels is no comparison to the no. of channels that have Hindi content on it.

Simple known fact is that if they limit their service to one particular language, they are not going to run be successful in south India, and if u go by any Indian Statistics, South Indians are more technically advanced than any other part of the country. ANy new technology gets accepted and understood in South India better.

To succedd in the concept of Satellite television, Tata Sky had to rope in all south Indians with claims of their regional channel in VD quality picture and sound. People bought TataSKy, as it was associated with a major brand 'Tata'.. Since it was meant to revolutionize the TV viewing experience, People bought it in trust.
Now all of us feel cheated, The latest package pricing is not consumer friendly, false claims of channel prices being reduced.

Coming back to the topic, I think people have a right to choose and pick what they want, but that is not practically possible in TataSky's case, But i feel they should respect this right of the consumer, and at least take concern of the customer's before making a decision on what needs to stay and what needs to go.

There are 100's of news channels showing the same show, same news, almost the same headlines, Do v need that many. I personally watch only 3-4 news channels. Channels like India TV is of no use, I even have put that channel on parental control so that i dont watch it even by mistake.

Instead of u claiming the reduction in the regional channels, to accommodate ur favourite Hindi entertainment channels, Please from now on make claims about removing the not so popular news channels, Hindi GEC channels to accommodate the channels u like.

As far as all this discussion goes, Nothing is going to happen apart from personal conflicts between the members. Tata is not listening to all this or the customer voices, I guess u have to either live with it or just scrap it and look for better options.

Well forgteet about south Indian channels and forget about North Indian channels,They should removed all Showcase channels and just show only one channels since not many movis comming and hardly few people see it.Remove promo channel😀 😀😡:thumb:

@kunal .. The prob is tht ... I am not discussing abt removing hindi channels ... But if the need arise(shortage of transponder) they too should be removed like u said india tv etc .. So in tht case also I am saying ... to remove any hindi channel one has to wipe out all possible regional channels .. This is wht I meant by preference ...I don't know how u r taking this ... Also regarding tht bullshit of south indian being more technically ... I would rather keep quite ... Cos I don't want to show the real face by discussing which hifi technical state have most number of sex related crimes etc and which hifi technical state gets angry if someone try to emulate the god "Rajnikant" 😀 ... So pls don't goto tht territory ... We all r indians .. no matter how good or bad ...I am just saying tht hindi should be the first preference ... even in schools hindi should be made compulsory .. This is just cos of stupid policies of the govt we r here...So TS should create a balance so tht no regional channel get more then 2-3 channels ... and if necessary drop those regional channels to provide more hindi channels .. either GEC or whetever ...

There is no use in asking Ts abt adding tamil or any other regional channels. they ll add hindi because hindi is the majority in our country it is known to all... so those who require regional channels, go back to cable or sun dth or any other dth. thats the best thing to do...

Let Tata Sky become HindiSky, no problem. We simply dump it. We are just subscribers, we do not have any loyalty towards TataSky or Tatas.Most of the non-hindi regional channels (except Sun) are FTA. Who is subsidising whom?

There is no use in asking Ts abt adding tamil or any other regional channels. they ll add hindi because hindi is the majority in our country it is known to all... so those who require regional channels, go back to cable or sun dth or any other dth. thats the best thing to do...
DTH is one plaform which has got a good capacity to telecast maximum regional channels. People here think if we need regional channels we need to stick with local cable or sun dth but i doubt its a good solution as for eg: In bangalore or bombay or hyderabad or delhi or calcutta tell me how many cable operators telecast atleast 5-6 tamil channels. I have been to bangalore and hyderabad i think they telecast only 5 - 6 tamil channels but there are 20 tamil channels. If you are tamilian it will affect you and similarly those who speak kannada, telegu or malayalam its the same case if you belong to the concern state you will get all the channels otherwise you end up in getting only 5- 6 channels. DTH is one medium at this point of time where atleast they could telecast 10 regional channels. It will take some time for DTH operators to telecast maximum number of Regional channels. Think regional about the regional people who are spread across the country for eg., Tamilian who are based in bangalore, bombay, delhi, hyderabad and for them DTH would be a better option and vice versa for other regional people too........:thumbsup:

The point raised by 'hitman' are valid. India is big country with many languages spoken. For any 'National level' service provider it is impossible at monent to provide all channels (300~400). They can only do, is pick most popular from each language and provide it to viewers. Whoever are interested can go for service or not. Still Tata Sky (& DISHTV) have very limited representation for North-Eastern, Urdu, Oriya channels and channels from Bihar, UP, Rajasthan. And to do business in all parts of country these DTH operators have to provide channels from each part of nation. For these how can they provide all channels from any particular language/state.
BTW, If going by the 'demand' for all channels, then we Marathi's too have right to get ZEE TALKIES (broadcast right holder for all Super hit Marathi Movies), IBN-Lokmat (News Channel from No. 1 Marathi newspaper & IBN). But I know that it is not possible at moment, so we have to compromise with it. Or we always have option of Local Cable operator 😕

The point i make here is, They have removed the popular reigional channel leaving out the not so popular one. They claim it to be of poor viewership, While the reason is something els, They are charging very high carraige fee, so that the channel cannot pay, therefore it will not be on the platform..