• Thread starter Thread starter s_parkhi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 4,371

s_parkhi

Regulars
ISP
BSNL
Tata Sky+ seems to have its roots in its parent's service Sky+. So it would be interesting to see what Sky+ offers.

1) Sky+ remote and STB are similar to Tata Sky's old STB See Product Demo

2) Sky+ has 40 hours of recording time as per their website. Though I coudn't find the storage capacity of their PVR, wikisays that 160GB can record upto 80 hours which is now discontinued and now they have 80GB only with 40 hours recording. Then why Tata Sky+ has 45 hours in 160 GB?

3) Sky+ has Record on the go function. So even if you are not at home, you can start recording by activating that through your mobile.

4) And the most important, Sky+ and Sky+ HD are two different set top boxes. So we can soon expect Tata Sky+ HD to make more money from upgrades to HD.

With respect to the technology i believe TS will follow Sky's footsteps only

I need HD Channels and HD Quality Picture.I am ready with the Money to buy the 42 inch Lcd High Def,But if we connect the SunDirect or anyother Dth,it sucks.So i am waiting for some High Def Picture.Come on Tata Sky+ bring HD.:thumb::dance:

We need to wait for that for HD transmission for atleast a year from now.........I think currently 9x is telecasting with HD transmission and i hope very soon Sports channel might also ncome with HD channels...........

Still they should have HD compatible STB right now, instead of again doing the same exercise after 1 year.

then just dont switch to DVR stb right now. Anyways its not worth it. Wait for HD stb's to roll out.

Tata Sky+ seems to have its roots in its parent's service Sky+. So it would be interesting to see what Sky+ offers.

1) Sky+ remote and STB are similar to Tata Sky's old STB See Product Demo

2) Sky+ has 40 hours of recording time as per their website. Though I coudn't find the storage capacity of their PVR, wiki says that 160GB can record upto 80 hours which is now discontinued and now they have 80GB only with 40 hours recording. Then why Tata Sky+ has 45 hours in 160 GB?

3) Sky+ has Record on the go function. So even if you are not at home, you can start recording by activating that through your mobile.

4) And the most important, Sky+ and Sky+ HD are two different set top boxes. So we can soon expect Tata Sky+ HD to make more money from upgrades to HD.

well the hdd is 160 gb for sure, look it up in the FAQ sections
DTH ? Tata Sky DTH in India, Leading Satellite Television Provider in India, DTH services by Tata Sky, Direct-to-home, India

But is it really worth 9K - yes maybe if it was HD Ready with hdmi or something. so wait for some more time

I was really excited about it to start with. I've used sky+ in UK and it rocks. But then there are two things that have put me off1. The overall price 🙁2. Is there anything on TV worth recording? 😛The pause/play etc option will be great for cricket season but really worth that much money? Don't think so.I think we're better of downloading Heroes, Prison break and South park from TPB.

One of my friend works in TS, he told me that that out of 160 GB, only 80GB is available for user specific recordings and 80 GB is reserved for live recording. Thats why recording time they are mentioning is 45 hours only. But he suggested that we should go for the upgrade since the quality is awesome.

Thanks for the info............i wanted to see other competitiors too what they are providing..........

im waiting like mad to switch to Tata Sky plus, though i hope they incorporate more advantages of mpeg4 like other players and ADD MORE INTERNATIONAL channels.Keeping in mind their affiliation to rupert murdoch's vast empire, by now they should have.