Tata Sky DTH now offering HBO Hits & HBO Defined

• Thread starter Thread starter hirenvyas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 17,466
Yeah f@#&ing 90 Rs each a la carte

When I saw them, I was happy for a sec that they're in my Annual Mega HD Pack. Unfortunately not.

Moriarty said:
When I saw them, I was happy for a sec that they're in my Annual Mega HD Pack. Unfortunately not.
Haha Annual Mega HD pack is a total misnomer. So they have pulled out another Star Premier HD by putting these channels under specials category?
I sincerely hope no one buys such ridiculously priced channels.
Simple calculation:
HBO Hits Rs 90 per month
HBO Defined Rs. 90 per month
Total = 180 per month
180 x 12 = Rs. 2160 per year for just 2 channels? (Non Combo) You got to be fkin kidding me Mr. Nagpal.
Or Rs. 1188 (Combo)

anubhav11 said:
Its actually rs.99 for combo (defined hd and hits hd) on Tata Sky and rs.90 each on ala-carte.
Ya saw that. But Rs. 1188 for 2 channels (combo) is still pure extortion. (Whichever way you put it)

Yes agree...but very dissappointed with Tata Sky by not including it in annual mega pack and instead placed the channels in stupid category so called Specials

HBO charges them separately for these channels so they can't put them in the mega pack.
HBO is the real scumbag here. They won't start an HD version of their normal channel but are offering these ones in HD.

Glad I did not buy the Annual pack. Would be great if the Govt could introduce some portability over here too

Mega pack is not what it once stood for, it has lost its essence. I'll probably not renew my mega HD subscription this year end.

Stop blaming Tata Sky for something which channels are enforcing. Its not that HBO Defined and Hits are offered under any pack by other DTH operators. Its channel's own policy. DTH operators and Channels need to enter into some form of alliance which is not happening resulting which Channels are free to decide their own pricing. If the DTH operator won't bend, then forget the channel.

Its not Tata Sky's fault. They are atleast making this channels available unlike other DTH operators who have not even bothered to provide these channels.
Recently AIRTEL added Star World Premiere HD for same Rs 60 as charged by TATASKY, and this STAR channel is not part of any other HD pack.
Since these HBO channels are not going to broadcast Live Cricket, so majority of Indians won't bother about it, nor will govt interested in it 😀