Tata Sky DTH: No HD on component out after software update

• Thread starter Thread starter eprafulla
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 4,538

eprafulla

ISP
Hathway
For those who do not have HDMI or for any other reason use Component out (YPbPr) (Red/Blue/Green cable) are at biggest disadvantage after the recent software update. The HD and plus HD set top boxes no longer provide HD output via Component out.
I use component out on both (HD and plus HD) as my display device lacks HDMI. Needless to say I am very frustrated at the situation and writing about the same to CEO@tatasky.com and CTO@Tata Sky.com.

Did you get any feedback from Tata Sky about this problem?

For those who do not have HDMI or for any other reason use Component out (YPbPr) (Red/Blue/Green cable) are at biggest disadvantage after the recent software update. The HD and plus HD set top boxes no longer provide HD output via Component out.
I use component out on both (HD and plus HD) as my display device lacks HDMI. Needless to say I am very frustrated at the situation and writing about the same to CEO@tatasky.com and CTO@tatasky.com.

I have the latest HD STB and it does have Component out. I watch full HD on my 42 inch plasma TV without a problem. The only issue is that a button on the settings menu does not change from 'SD' to 'HD' as earlier, but HD channels perform very well. Also change to 16:9 format and 'stretch' mode in the settings menu.

Cheers!

I have the latest HD STB and it does have Component out. I watch full HD on my 42 inch plasma TV without a problem. The only issue is that a button on the settings menu does not change from 'SD' to 'HD' as earlier, but HD channels perform very well. Also change to 6:9 format and 'stretch' mode in the settings menu.

Cheers!

We all know HD and +HD STBs have component out. The problem is... a recent software update has blocked HD output on component (HDMI is the only way to get HD).
It is a normal practice that a newly installed STB don't always have the latest update. The moment your STB is going to be updated with new software, you are all set to lose HD on component.
More over, Tata Sky has clarified that they are not going to allow HD on component out henceforth.

you want me to try?

My guess is its because component doesn't have anything like HDCP so people are free to record shows via a TV Tuner which can't be done in HDMI.