• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 17,622

Navjot Singh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Airtel
Multi TV Connection Charges for a SD TV raised from 160/month to 180/month wef from 6 APril i.e. Today.
Just got the notification.

thats bad news...

Why dont u guys consider Local cable operator with STB???
The quality is super with STB, Do u all need HD channels compulsory?
If not then u can take a local cable operator, even their STB has recording options

My local cable operator neither has HD channels nor recording compatible STB. I use both. Anyways, just called and got my packages changed. Now, its 595 Rs. a month. Got some useless channels removed and Ten Sports/Action as well, since as it is, I stream Champions League matches online.

manu1991 said:
My local cable operator neither has HD channels nor recording compatible STB. I use both. Anyways, just called and got my packages changed. Now, its 595 Rs. a month. Got some useless channels removed and Ten Sports/Action as well, since as it is, I stream Champions League matches online.
The problem is that now-a-days we are almost dependent on recording. Well I am. Hence can't opt for local cable operators. It's like.. the people who haven't migrated to DTH still don't need any recording features as they are not used to it. And there are other people who can't imagine their television viewership without DVR. We fall in to the later category. 😀

manu1991 said:
595? 😛 Don't forget to recharge with a minimum 601 every month for the Rs 40 bonus. 😀

Just recharged for 602 Rs. :tongue:
Apparently, you also get 2 Rs. worth of credit if you activate a channel via SMS. Notwithstanding the fact that the SMS costs 3 Rs.

My Whole family is dependent on recording option and HD channels.
The 5 year old uses most of recording and locking features.

manu1991 said:
Here in Nagpur on gtpl Rs.4400 for HD stb and free 1 year with all channels and Rs.6000 for stb with dvr and free 1 year channels but I have to miss some channels like ten sports hd, discovery HD and currently Sony six hd other than that there are nearly 22 HD channels and every regional and foreign channel possible

kk Here in bangalore the local cable operator has 3 variety of STB, 1st 2 r of SD quality priced Rs 1300 and Rs 1500 and other variant is HD which is just Rs 1800.
Totally now getting 200 channels, out of which 24 r HD channels which I am not able to use it as I am not having HD STB. They all have recording feature, need to plug an pendrive r external HDD(no internal storage)
So, I prefer LC than DTH, seeing the price factor