Tata Sky DTH: Answers to doubts over mpeg4 transition and space concerns-strategy reveiled

• Thread starter Thread starter namo narayan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,950

namo narayan

ISP
airtel
ok so many people r getting confused about Tata Sky not having any strategy to shift to mpeg4 or some r saying they should have shifted to mpeg4 last year. today i m going to tell u all line by line the plan as i know these marketing and strategic things well i m going to share these things with fellow membersas u know tata sky brought this hd revolution at an affordable cost when others were charging a bomb for hd boxes as well as channels. the main focus of giving hd at low cost was to get max customers to upgrade to mpeg4 highly technologically advanced boxes so that the burden of changing old mpeg 2 boxes is lowered. tata sky has kept a time span 18 months for this strategy of shifting max customers to hd or hd dvr, then its upto customer he can take hd pack or if he chooses standard channels he can do so but purpose of shifting max customers to mpeg 4 boxes will b solved as well as customers will have high quality boxes which r future ready.12 months of this strategy r over, 6 months r leftnow u will have the question what about channel addition till then. well by july mid , tata sky will shift all its hd channels and it will b aired from st2, videocon customers will also get star hd channels as there will b a limited time strategic partnershiip between tata sky and videocon under which tata sky will take aLL hd channels from st2 satellite. the tp freed by tata sky will b used to add 18 channels as well as on other 11 tp's 2 channels per tp will b added as and when necessary till decembernow from december styrategy in under process that whether customers who r still left on old boxes , will they b willing to pay a little and get mpeg4 boxes at special prices with schemes or if need arise their boxes will b replaced free but focus is that to reduce cost of burden such customers should b lessnow some people here might b thinking as how ill each box b changed,here is it. in march when new satellie will start for tata sky, thet will have mpeg4 dvb s2 trabsmission with 26 transonders or even more and those customers who r left out and they will call for reallignment or when their chance comes, their boxes will b replaced by giving a special half yearlr or 3 months scheme of packs and as tata sky will b giving max hd and sd channels, no customer would tell that they want to shift as already in terms of aftersales almost 99 percent customers r happy. so here is the plan, i hope that i have been able to address ur doubts well and u r satisfied

well buddy how you came to know all this infos any official sorce?

If this is going to be true, Yes, Tata Sky would be the best on DTH..., But not sure it is going to stay only with the Forum here.

You mention March in your post, but this is already May. So is this an old post? Moreever, I didn't get that part about realignment. Are you telling that existing SD customers will be forced to change their STB as well as pay for it?

well dear i meant march 2012. well dear for mpeg4 stb, obviously change is necessaryand this is not an article, this is my personally written strategy as i have marketing and strategic knowledge and follow Tata Sky closely on each move. i dont believe in pasting articles or writing wroong comments, i research hard, get out facts and then present it to esteemed members

Thamks namo narayan for the info.:thumbup (2):One Q from my side. I have TS HD STB, will I have to realign by dish for the MPEG4?? And in which direction??Currently TS dish face south direction.

well dear rohaan mpeg4 or mpeg2 r compression technologies and r not associated with satellite direction. in mpeg4 technology double channels can b accomadated in one transponde as compared to in mpeg2, so dont worry if Tata Sky changes satellite then only need of dish position changing will arise. also there is another thing in which if suppose tata sky takes a satellie in orbit between 78 degree east to 88 degrees east then dish position changing is also not bneeded as tata sky will give a monoblock lnb which is able to receive two satellite which can b max in 5 degree diff of current satellite

^ OP has said that it is not info but what he thinksis likely to happen. I think that is fine

well dear i meant march 2012. well dear for mpeg4 stb, obviously change is necessary

and this is not an article, this is my personally written strategy as i have marketing and strategic knowledge and follow Tata Sky closely on each move. i dont believe in pasting articles or writing wroong comments, i research hard, get out facts and then present it to esteemed members

looks like you are highly intelligent and quite knowledgeable person...apart from the fact that only you are bragging about that.

Looks like people have learnt black magic skills quite well....sitting in bedrooms and thinking about strategies of companies one has no relation with.