Tata Sky Direction?

• Thread starter Thread starter bnetra
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 24,032

bnetra

My dish service technician is unable to install Tata Sky I bought from India. He is not sure whether the dish to be installed in which direction. Is it INSAT 4A or INSAT 2E? Can I request to help me with the installation. What co-ordinates and other technical details, etc. for getting a clear reception. FYI I am based in Bahrain.Thanks. Balaji.

i dont think the Tata Sky service can be availed outside india. i saw a map of their coverage and it covered just india and little bit regions around it. 😕

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Mar 8 2007, 12:46 PM) [snapback]82547[/snapback]
i dont think the Tata Sky service can be availed outside india. i saw a map of their coverage and it covered just india and little bit regions around it. 😕[/b]

yes, i think you may be right as insat 4a's footprint only covers india and a few neighbouring countries. but i did read somewhere (maybe on this forum) about people using it in dubai. i'm not sure though.

Kind attention : Free to Air DTH (Doordarshan) users : It has been informed in the ddnews.com website, that from June 1st, 2007, there is a migration of satellite from NSS6 to INSAT-4B. From June 1st, the signals will be beamed only from INSAT-4B for DD users. Hence you will have to the change the DISH antenna position slightly and change the frequency settings also. They have given instructions in the website, like TP frequency, Symbol rate, polarization, etc. They have not mentioned about the LNB frequency (old LNB Frequencies are 09750 and 10600) . Does anyone know about it ?