• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,195

Jignesh

Regulars
ISP
Beam Fiber
MUMBAI: India’s leading DTH service provider, Tata Sky has broadened its channel line-up by announcing the launch of India’s favorite general entertainment channels in High Definition (HD). The new channels include a mix of niche Lifestyle and entertainment, news, movies and regional content that will offer greater entertainment value to its growing premium subscriber base of over 7 million connections.

Source:

Indiantelevision.com > News Releases > Tata Sky broadens its premium channel Line-up

now thats a good news for Tata Sky . hope they continue adding new channels [which includes ten action ! ] 🙂

What is its rank now? Got back the 2nd position?
What are the figures for the rest DTH operators?

I guess its still 3rd as Sundirect hasnt updated its website which states 6.4 million

Dish TV - 10 Million
Tata Sky - 7 Million
Sundirect - 6.4 Million
Airtel - 5 million
Reliance - 3.5 Million
D2H - 3 Million

Thanks. 35 million total. On dth for every 20 mobiles.

I guess its still 3rd as Sundirect hasnt updated its website which states 6.4 million

Dish TV - 10 Million
Tata Sky - 7 Million
Sundirect - 6.4 Million
Airtel - 5 million
Reliance - 3.5 Million
D2H - 3 Million

dish tv is slowly feeling the heat and loosing the race....
d2h and airtel dth come real hard....they have achieved quite well in few years.

But i really pity for reliance...a company with no innovation, looks like it has lost its focus.

^ While others were busy getting subscribers, Reliance was innovating ways of getting 2G spectrum 😀

^ While others were busy getting subscribers, Reliance was innovating ways of getting 2G spectrum 😀

I doubt capability's of anil ambani too....he tries to get to any and every business possible. radio,tv.film making,dvd shop, telecom,mut. fund, metro railway this that and what not. jack of all trades master of none.

Mukesh has a much more consolidated view and i really hope his BWA venture turns to success.

And coming back to topic RDTV has no future if it does not do something drastic and eye catching....

Well Mukesh has always been an acute business man. He can't show off, nor present himself well, but he knows what matters in his field. As for BWA, I doubt he is going to do much for the retail customer there as he plans to reach out to wholesalers who would take care of the last mile. Comparing the 3G spectrum prices to what he paid for a pan India BWA spectrum, he seems to have made a very VFM investment.

Well Mukesh has always been an acute business man. He can't show off, nor present himself well, but he knows what matters in his field. As for BWA, I doubt he is going to do much for the retail customer there as he plans to reach out to wholesalers who would take care of the last mile. Comparing the 3G spectrum prices to what he paid for a pan India BWA spectrum, he seems to have made a very VFM investment.

Abt bwa i think u ar confused a little bit. There is nothing sort of whole sellers fr the last mile. Doing anything will be stupid as there is limited BW in comparison to wireline.
They will be just like any other 3G,EVDO dongle operator.....just that they will only offer dongles and they would be based on a much better tech. then 3G with 4 times more spectrum.

^ What I meant is that Reliance would be forming the backend of the operations, as in they would 'rent' their network to others, who can in turn sell a product based on that. Something similar to the concept of a MVNO.

^ What I meant is that Reliance would be forming the backend of the operations, as in they would 'rent' their network to others, who can in turn sell a product based on that. Something similar to the concept of a MVNO.

well frm where hav u got that news.
they hav stated clearly they will not be in such a model(like bsnl bwa fiasco).

In the contrary they will be renting others towers, pan-india ofc network's and international BW under long contracts. The only thing they hav to do is to bring the BWA equipment and connect it in base stations.