Tata Sky Broadband seems to be operating in six cities

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 30,925
trai has been talking about interoperable stbs for so many years. i think they release a paper every six months on the same 😀

i tried hd channels on d2h for 2 months. but since that tv is mostly used for business news channels and dad rarely ventured into the hd segment... i ended up downgrading. it was great to watch content in hd. but not worth the extra cost. at that time, i think there was only one news channel that broadcasted in HD. not sure if more options are available these days.

i still recommend checking out plans from other companies. stbs are not that expensive if you prepay for a long duration package i believe.

I am waiting for Jio DTH, I think it will launch in one year, and rumours are it will give 3 months free, and if they bring cheap plans others will have to reduce too, and except the tariff problem Tata Sky is good and i have never faced any problems in signal or services, and I don't want those problems so I will continue this for a while.

is jio really going to launch dth based services when iptv is more powerful and potentially cheaper to offer?

I don't expect any new DTH service in India. JIO's offering will be most likely to be a proprietary Android TV streaming box with JIO TV app installed. Should be available along with the JIO Giga Fiber broadband.

Since there is no spare satellite capacity at the moment and Dishtv & Videocon D2H are in the process of merging as well as Tata Sky & Airtel Digital TV will merge sooner or later, it does not make any kind of sense to get into DTH sector now. Sun Direct & Reliance Digital TV will bite dust.

Even the existing DTH players are moving towards IPTV. The new Tata Sky boxes have apps for many streaming services.

doesn't it require mandatory connection to jio wifi connection?

@demonicult are there any plans with post fup speed higher than 512kbps
Sadly, nope. But I am glad that its not as bad as what Airtel has.

They got a full unlimited plan at 2000 which sounds quite reasonable for 50mbps.
I asked them to mail me everything they said on the phone but he failed to mail me. Typical Indian Customer Care executive habit.

About DTH HD packs and stuff = Isn't Dish trying to eradicate with their new campaign? Firstly they are getting rid of the SD Box and defaulting everything to HD box a good thing as anyway it was redundant and secondly HD channels to all subscribers right from the basic plan. I am not 100% sure but the TV ads and their website says so. I didn't inquire much about it as I got Tata Sky but if I understand the campaign correctly TATA Sky should follow suit seeing Dish doing it.

Also they have changed the plans which are yet to reflect the website.(gurgaon region)

got 200gb @ 1175 including tax @ 100mbps. no installation fee, however need to have own router or purchase for 2500.

for quarterly plan you get 10% more data and 10% cashback on your Tata Sky dth connection(only on ultra,sports dhamaka or platinum hd). for 6 months you get 20% more data and for 1month you get 15 extra days.
post fup on all plans is 1mbps.

got this on email just now. warthog probably.