Tata Sky Broadband Scheme????????

• Thread starter Thread starter nnagarajan7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 10,442

nnagarajan7

ISP
BSNL
I find Sky is offering Broadband connection at discounted rates for Sky TV customers. They also have a Base connection which is free with 2Mb speed and 2GB size.Will Tatas do something similar for Tata Sky customers?Moreover the standard STB comes free for the 1st connection.

The Standard STB will also come free at some point of time with TS i believe but dont know when will it come............but it will come for free one day once they started to generate profits............

The same should be the case for broadband and telephone connections too. BSNL is now offerring annual scheme for monthly rentals. After the annual discount the monthly rental works out to Rs.100/-(instead of Rs.180) for the general plan. Tata Indicom is offering Lifetime Landline for a onetime registration fee of Rs2999/- and no monthly rent.

TS should tie up with TATA Indicom for the broadband connection..It may help !!

hi, yes sky does provide broadband and phone services in Uk, but that is through regular cable and not based on the satellite technology..

OK. This might sound like a stupid question, but anyway here goes. If these guys can use satellite technology to send signals containing data for 100+ channels, why can't internet data be sent here. Media is a data hogger right? So massive amounts are data are received by the dish. OK maybe very minimal or maybe no data is sent back from the dish to the satellite. Is this like a one way communication channel?

I finally moved to 256UL with BSNL. Speed is very good. Download speed is usually over 300kbps and upload is around 220. Only problem is latency, the last time i checked, it was around 400ms. A tad high, but what the heck, i use it for like 10minutes afer I come home. So far no problems, hope the party continues.