Tata Sky Broadband is now Tata Play Fiber

12765242613.png

Tata Sky?

Not a new connection. This one is from Office Internet.

Whats Tata Tele and Whats Tata Play? Never heard of both.

Tata play is the new name of Tata Sky.

Tata Teleservices seems to be some new provider I don't know what relationship to Tata brand exactly.

People who have subscribed for this in our colony say it gets disconnected atleast 3-4 times a month which is as bad as Hathaway. Both are unstructured cabling so its over the tree tops & roof tops.

When I first signed on with TPBB in 2019, there were frequent cable cut issues but now they seem to have somehow sorted it out and all has been ok for the past 2 years or so.

They activated static IPv4 on my account but their static IPv4 is pure unadulterated trash.

My gigabit connection reaches max 200-300 Mbps now on IPv4. If I disable IPv4 from network adapter properties of Windows and go IPv6 only, then speedtest gives me full gigabit speeds as per my plan. No sites are ping-able and I am unable to perform traceroute on IPv4. Default gateway is under CG-NAT.

@phattunit and now that gives me food for thought. Thanks for the feedback. Think I'll stick with my dynamic CGNAT + static v6 for now.

@Chip Yes.

Don’t opt for static IP of TPF as you will be rewarded with poor speeds and even poorer routing.

The engineer came promptly at my place at 9am and stayed till 10:30am and they have taken screenshots of downloading speeds of nvidia driver. On IPv4 it gives me 300-400 Mbps but on IPv6, the speed was hitting 950 Mbps consistent throughout the download. I will give them 2 days to fix this “Airtel” like shit they pulled. After that I will send cancellation request for static IPv4 and ask for full refund into my account. I replied to wrong topic by mistake. Mods can move this and above reply to correct static IPv4 topic.

Last edited: