Tata Play Fiber SIP VoIP Settings

• Thread starter Thread starter shankar29
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,281
yes ! have done it today. What router do you have?

Ok, I have Nokia G-2425G-A router in Router mode. In order to configure TATA fiber SIP you would need some critical information that TATA fiber tech support would not give you. But you can get it from your router itself.
1- SIP server -> Download the router log and search for text "SIP.RegistrarServer"
2- SIP Proxy => Download the router log and search for text "SIP.OutboundProxy"
3- SIP Username => Download the router log and search for text "SIP.DirectoryNumber" basically it is the phone number
4- SIP password => Download the router log and search for text "SIP.AuthPassword"
5- SIP domain => Download the router log and search for text "SIP.UserAgentDomain"
6- Soft Switch IP => Login to your router and Status>Voice Information > Soft Switch [should be 10.x.x.x]
8- VOIP gateway IP => Login to your router Network>WAN. Select VOIP profile from WAN Connection List dropdown

Once you have all above info then start configuration

1- Configure ONT router
A- Network>WAN. Select VOIP profile from WAN Connection List dropdown
B- Enable Internet option from the services (by default only VIOP is selected) This will enable Internet for the profile
C-Create static Route. Network>IP Routing and Select Voice profile from the interface drpdown. Dest IP 10.0.0.0 mask 255.0.0.0 gateway <your VOIP gateway IP [8]>

2- Configure MicroSIP windows soft phone
A - SIP Server , SIP proxy > set value from [1] and [2]
B - username set [3]
C- Domain set [5]
D - Password set [4]

3- Windows host file entry
A - Open "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\Hosts" and add new host entry
Soft Switch IP [6] Sip server name [1]

That was all I did for my setup

In order to configure TATA fiber SIP you would need some critical information that TATA fiber tech support would not give you. But you can get it from your router itself.
I tried this, since im using my Tata Play Router in bridge mode, im not able to find these.

I am using Pfsense as my router to create the PPPoE Dialer.

Is there anyother way i can do this?

2- Configure MicroSIP windows soft phone
A - SIP Server , SIP proxy > set value from [1] and [2]
B - username set [3]
C- Domain set [5]
D - Password set [4]
Hey Buddy,

Could you please share the details of A and C, so that I know what to look out for...

If you are concerned abour security you can black [x] out some portion of the content.

Cheers 🙂

Shankar