Tata Photon Plus blocking torrents and file sharing sites

• Thread starter Thread starter flashbang
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 42,730
Status
Not open for further replies.
from 1st september 2011,photon is back in the blocking business,what is worse in chennai they are blocking surfing speeds as well,speeds hardly go above 150kbps and means a download speed of 7-18 kBps that too in full speed TIme based plans,unlimited plans have gone as low as 2-3 kBps in some areas as reported...wow....tata is back

i have no problem my side . everything is working as usual as they should work .

Photon plus is back to dirty business again.
According to latest reportsTata photon plus has again started blocking torrents and all filesharing sites except few,not only this after the IPL and Champion's Trophy streaming facility made available by youtube and startsports,they have started decreasing speeds by 90% as soon as one tries to access this.
Currently many places in maharashtra,punjab and Tamilnadu are suffering this since wednesday night and speeds of photon plus is being reported at around 70-80 kbps(download speed of 10kBps) .
If this thing continues then no one will go for Tata photon plus connection

Since last night MTNL mumbai gives very low speed for torrent download. And today I just got on Zedge that Vodafone that it is blocked

I'm getting this message when I try to access some filesharing sites :

"[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Times New Roman';font-size:medium;]The URL you requested has been blocked as per instructions from Department of Telecom(CHNN)."[/color]

I've tried looking up to see if there is any official news about this......but I have't found anything so far.

Many more sites even eimage hosts have been blocked ad more to come,heard even youtube may be blocked lol....don't know if it is gonna happen but it DID happen 10 months back....if it continues like this,broadband in india is gonna die

udit chauhan said:
Hey Guys, i've bought tata photon plus (prepaid) :wink: and i am having problem 🙁 that torrent (or any other client) isn't working under photon connection and hence, utorrent/bittorrent is not downloading anything. My photon is working properly :thumb: , can surf at gud speed :dance: (i.e. around 80kbps) but it doesn't allowing torrent to download via torrent file. :isorry: PLZ, help, somebody. Do i've to format my PC.? 🙁
Hi guys i've bought a tata photon 3 g stick but this issue does not persist in mine though. The problem in mine is of speed they promise 7.2 mbps speed and tell me that the minimum speed guarantee is 500 kbps 🙁 . When I call up the call center they say sir you should be satisfied 3.2 mbps is good speed (I was only getting 2.6 mbps irrespective of which ever part of the city i was in ). When i asked to escalate to the manager they said that he was busy and could not escalate . THIS IS DAY LIGHT ROBBERY PLEASE DO NOT FALL INTO THE TRAP THEY JUST ADVERTISE AND ULLU BANOING SEEMS TO BE THEIR MOTTO NOT SPEED .THAT TOO THE 3G STICK IS USED ONLY LOCALLY IN BANGALORE . SO FRIENDS PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT IT IS USELESS , WORTHLESS AND TIME WELL WASTED AND HARD EARNED MONEY WELL IT IS JUST LIKE BEING ROBBED. BETTER YET THEY CHEATING / DOUBLECROSSING YOU . BEWARE !!!:!

Staying in an underdeveloped place like Nagpur is that there are almost zero options for Internet here,Internet speeds are 10 years behind rest of India and NO BROADBAND is available except BSNL. I contacted Tata Photon Plus CC and they said if you are not happy with speed then remove connection ,they also said I have congestion in my area and NOTHING CAN BE DONE.

I then tested another photon plus dongle in my flat and it showed 2 mbps which means that there has been intentional capping of speed from 2 mbps to 350 kbps (80% capping) in my dongle ,I really don't know what to do,it is very frustrating to hear their lies and the behaviour is extremely bad too.

Status
Not open for further replies.