TATA Photon 2.4Mbps quality of service

• Thread starter Thread starter jason21
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 106,897
Status
Not open for further replies.
India's number one (in Hindi Rand ) services they have promise to get at least 1 mb speed n i get only 3kbps all the time **** this tata photon plus nothing gr8 about people of india dont buy this product they chut for services all once u buy they say ****..to every one...

Can some one do a speedtest for photon + and let me know what upload speeds are you getting, even better if you can do a ftp and test and time the upload for a 1 MB file. I have reliance netconnect plus the download speeds are gr8 but the upload speeds are pathetic, for ftp at times it times-out or takes 5 times more than a wired connection to upload a 1 MB file.

hello hai friend tis is true download speed,wich tariff us it in indicom plse reply 2 my email dennybanny@gmail.com🙁

----------

hello friend hw s tht indicom photon speed,downloading,uploading,hw much cost,my negative place is hyderabad plse reply 2 my email dennybanny@gmail.com 🙁

forget it people... 2 day morning only itself i received my instrument an it is giving me an avg download speed of 20 kbps with min being 2 kbps and max being 70 kbps... it is slower than our dial up.. avoid tata photon, go 4 reliance instead, it provides an avg speed of 140-160 kbps...

hey im usin Mtnl's ADSL n its pretty but nw m switcin to t tata photon supposed to be delivered today..its got a 10gb package..jus wannted to know hows tata photon fares against Reliance BBand plus!!

Hi,

Could you share how is ur Tata photon service? I am from bangalore thought of getting one by next week.

e-mail: thaunaojam@gmail.com
Thanks

Jamo

I've been using this service since March in Bangalore. Generally satisfied with the service. No down times at all. Guaranteed speed in the range of 400-600 kbps. Maximum speed reaches 2500 kbps or some times 3000 kbps but does not sustain for long. I'm one of the lucky guys who got unlimited transfer limit, hence making full use of it.Very good for downloading, once I've downloaded 700 MB torrent file withing 45 min. Generally takes around 1-3 hours to download 700 MB (Well that depends on the number of seeders). Roaming works, got good speeds in Chennai too, but if EVDO is not available, the speed is pathetic.Now the downside, at peak hours watching videos through youtube might be painful due to the slow speed. Latency(ping) is high, may not be suitable for gaming or voice calls. Used gtalk several times, but experience delays, voice quality degradation etc.., making it unsuitable for this purpose. But voice call withing India appears to be fine. Another thing noticed is that if you use download managers/bitorrent clients the download speed is generally high. For example, if I download a file through ftp/http at 30KBs, the same file can be downloaded at 150-200KBps through a download manager. Try to get the maximum by using download managers (multi threaded download).I cannot comment about the customer service as I've not experienced any big problem so far.

Hi,

Could you share how is ur Tata photon service? I am from bangalore thought of getting one by next week.

e-mail: thaunaojam@gmail.com
Thanks

Jamo
Hey man...dunno bout t rest but i find it gr8...get a minimall speed f 1 mb and its keepps jumpin to 2.5....so its a thumbs up!!

----------

tata si good man...took t speed test...and got 1.9 mb per sec in heavy rains..so...guess its a thin...dunnno bout t rest...i used MTNL and it gave decent speed ccordin to its tarifff..n e wys best of luck wit wteva u usin..

please don,t buy tata or realiance service .2 month ago i had tata usb internet the quality of it is very bad and i put it in dustbin.

How much upload speed you guys get with Tata Photon+ 2.4mbps? Is it good for online gaming (inside the country only)? I currently use BSNl UL1350 512kbps.

I regret I should have checked reviews before, this device is pile of sheet. Dont waste your money in buying it, better go for any wired broadband. I am paying ~900 PM and always had a trouble,during normal human hours(not talking about midnight!) this device hardly gives 15KBps, some time even simple ping doesn’t work. If I report a problem then tata executive visits my place 2-3 time and then no improvement, lately they installed antenna at my place but still it sucks, same speed,now I m going to burry it down and buy new wired broadband. Actually this guys are tricking people, speed they bost and advertise on TV is approximately true when only few users connected to their base statition, but that cant be a case in india, so it’s never going to work. Also when they give a demo, or want to close a ticket some how they trick the speed of you device and from next day its same again!

See? This is why it is always suggested to get as many reviews as you can get.But, I am really surprised that you are not even getting 400kilobits/second.

Iam using tata photon for the last 1 year or so. ( last 3 months aboard 3 G band wagon,so tata photon cdma modem is in freezer just refreshed every month with Rs 250/250 mb to use for emergencies)First You are used to Un Limited in your current ADSL BB. Photon 2G data usage sticker price- rs 1000 for 10 GB.I have travelled extensively in India with Tata photon and never got more than 1 Mbps ever ! Usual 0.5 to 0.6 in main roads. I dont think you are going to get less than 100 ping in photon plus. ( by the way what is the minimum ping to Indian servers workable for playing on line gaming?But Tata Photon browsing is wise ok. We still have both reliance Net connect & tata photon at home.If you still want to go the wireless BB route,Better get a 3G GSM modem (open un locked data cards like Huawei E1752/UmG 1831/K4505 or get Idea netsetter/Voda data stick/Airtel data stick,Bsnl data card ,Doco mo stick -all can be unlocked)and try each 3 G provider in your area one by one with small pre paid 3G data plans and decide wireless BB fit for gaming ! You are looking at rs 1500 for 10-15 gb usage charges per month in 3G.

any wireless USB dongle like Tata photon etc or any WIMAX service are not good for gaming purposes. They will have high latency and ping. For gamers Wired BB connection is always recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.