Tata Motors News & Updates

i had like to see it being crash tested...

I think most of cars that a middle class family can afford (From 800,Alto to Swift) lack things like Airbags and side impact baems that they have are more for show then actual protection.Passenger dummies in none of these cars will survive a crash test.Not too many people will pay/can afford 34 - 70k cost required to make a car safe. OTOH Fuel economy is more importent for buyers then safety, and making a car safe makes it heavier. And those who can, well they are not going to buy a car made for junta.

tata seems to be considering using non-metallic doors for this car. something like what the jeeps used to have...

cars need to be safe. if the supreme courts can make seat belts compulsory, they oughta set a standard for crash safety tests.

we just cannot ignore the safety of the people driving these cars. and we cannot ignore the safety of the people on the roads when these people are driving on the roads. we all know how easy it is to get a driving license in our country.

interestingly, i am reading news about a 17 year old kid who hit a security guard while driving his dad's optra. and his dad has a simple explaination for his son's action... he is under a lot of pressure from things going on at home... his business is suffering blah blah blah...

so well, what he does... gives the keys of his cars to his kid who does not obviously have a driving license to go drive to his school! funny.

even more funny. the kid admits that he was racing against his schoolmate when the accident occured. insane world we live in...

http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=182173
http://www.ndtv.com/morenews/showmorestory...tegory=National
http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1697100,0035.htm

Yaa cars should be safe, but people still buy 800,Alto or Swift or Zen. Not everybody can afford cars with safety features.

maybe we should make the seat belts optional too. that would save a couple of thousand bucks. why have reinforced doors, when simple metal panels work? that would save more money... 800 and omni are selling coz no consumer group has taken the issue of safety of the passengers seriously yet. it would just take one PIL in the supreme court to do that. and i seriously hope laws are made stricter in the land. omni has no right to be on the roads today. 800 needs some serious modifications. i had like to see cars in india which would atleast be legal in countries like UK and USA... if we can switch to Euro 3 levels for emmissions. why not on safety too?

I dobt any car for sale in India under 6 lakh would be legal in US. I saw an Indica in UK, but it had ALL safety features that are required there (e.g. Air Bags, Collapsible Column, Rollover Proof shields). But its cost was way more then what it costs in India. Another example is Swift. The version that is sold in India does not have proper side impact beams and ONLY high-end models have air bags. Maruti used lower grade sheets in India. Simple because not that many people will buy a car that costs more then 6+ lakhs.

government is shit. we need supreme court to bring some sanity here in india. i won't like to buy the 'cheapest' car if it kills me the first time i hit it into a tree. i find my not so cheap swift much more secure. without airbags that is.the cheapest car in the world title given to this car is practically a disgrace. it would be awesome if jeremy clarkson lands here in india and take some of our cars for a test ride. he has some awful things to saw about the BMWs... tata indica would be pretty interesting car for him to test out...

It would be inetresting to compare crash tests of 1 lakh car and an auto rickshaw 😉Yes Swift is much better then cars in 3 lakh range. Has much better stabilized suspension and wont roll over that easily.But quality of metal sheets and side impact bars in swift used are pathetic. I have seen a Swift that was involved in an accident and I was horrified to see quality of steel used in that. Swift that is sold in EU, will remain in shape even if it is turned over and is lying on its roof at 100 kmph.I hope Suzuki follows Ford and starts using high tensile Nippon or JFE steel in India as well. They already use that in EU

well if they can deliver a compressed version of estilo for rs. 1 lakhits a good deal for two wheeler owners. a two seater with some space for luggage. is a better buy than a 220cc pulsar!

Though the exact cause of his death will only be clear after post-mortem on Monday, company officials said Slym fell from a higher floor in the hotel he was staying in and that may have caused fatal injuries.He was accompanied by his wife in Thailand and was expected to return to India on Sunday evening.Slym, who was earlier the president of General Motors India, between 2007 and 2011, had initiated a slew of measures including a HorizonNext project — a four-pronged customer-focused programme for a complete overhaul of the firm's current product portfolio.
Tata Motors MD Karl Slym dies in Bangkok, auto major’s restructuring may take a hit — www.hindustantimes.com