• Views Views 115,798

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Tata might ship the Rs. 1 lakh rupee car with a bigger engine
Tata?s ambitious Rs. 1 lakh car was due to be launched in the market with a 550 cc engine.

Last edited:
When they finally come out with this 1-Lakh car, I will probably present it to my grandkids then.... or maybe great-grandkids.

They might be able to pull this off.....Some prototypes are already on roads in Pune, design seems to work. Question is, can they scale this thing to production.

TATA motors revealed the one lakh car called NANO in New Delhi.

Details
624 cc engine
* Mileage of 20 kilometers per liter
* Passed full frontal crash test, the offset and side-crash test
* Legroom is expected to be 21 pc more than Maruti 800.
* The car meets the Bharat 3 (Euro 4) emission standards.
* The car that will come in two variants - AC and non-AC
* Will comes a dealer price of Rs one lakh plus VAT and transport charges.
* Commercial launch in mid 2008-09

Secret Unveiled: Tata's 1-lakh a reality- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Tata Motors People's Car

if its true that the price is just 1 lakh (plus whatever taxes etc) and mileage is 20 kmpl then this looks to be a blockbuster car...bajaj and another company (is it maruti) have tried to steal some thunder by announcing their own small (not necessary cheap) cars with high mileage...great for the lakhs of BPO call center youngsters who can now drive aroudn in a 4-wheeler... plus those families who all ride on a 2-wheeler can now consider a safer alternative...now no need to ride in the open/polluted air, this car will provide some protection from the elements 🙂

yeah and only god knows what will happen to traffic!

Consider this.
On the road price of bajaj RE auto rickshaw (including tax, insurance and all necessary accessories) is 1.3L. On the road price of Nano will be around 1.25 L.
Auto rickshaw milege is 25-30 kmpl and that of this car is 23 kmpl. Both accommodates 3 passengers + driver.
Which is comfortable, which one will the passenger prefer if they charge the same?

And Tata announced a diesel variant of this car as well.

So this is surely going to be the auto rickshaw killer in our roads.

And regarding the traffic, its already a mess all over India 🙂 🙂 🙂

As I have said before, the silver lining is that there will be less two wheelers on the road!! :thumbsup:

but wont there be more pollution , because autos run on CNG and now they'll use the diesel variant of this car

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/3207/image002do2.jpg

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5639/image001me9.jpg

in the bottom it looks very big . and that shows like a kid car . :rofl::hysterical: