TATA INDICOM TARIFFS

• Thread starter Thread starter Vince
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 16,666
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Tata is living in it's own world.....

NOt woth it all...Even sify offers lesser rates for unlimited plans....64kbps for Rs.700 inclusive of all taxes...But what i mean is u shudnt be going for sify but if Exatt is available then thats the best thing to go for or atleast airtel should do

Originally posted by abdulrahman004+May 26 2005, 05:23 AM-->QUOTE(abdulrahman004 @ May 26 2005, 05:23 AM)
NOt woth it all...Even sify offers lesser rates for unlimited plans....64kbps for Rs.700 inclusive of all taxes...[/b]

With all your problems!!!! No thanks

Vebmetal, Why do you say "Tata is living in its own world"??their prices are a bit higher, BUT I CANT FIND ANY BETTER PLANS FOR UNLIMITED DOWNLOADS!!!

if the service is good. speeds are genuine. there is a decent customer support. and their are no limits. anything under than 1000 bucks for 64kbps would be reasonable in india considering the pathetic ISPs present here.

Originally posted by Vince@May 26 2005, 03:33 PM
And get a new phone line? No Thanks...
[snapback]10177[/snapback]
[/quote]
Originally posted by Vince@May 26 2005, 03:36 PM
Vebmetal,  Why do you say "Tata is living in its own world"??
their prices are a bit higher, BUT I CANT FIND ANY BETTER PLANS FOR UNLIMITED DOWNLOADS!!!
[snapback]10178[/snapback]
[/quote]
Well here's why:

Tata gives you an unlimited 128kbps connection for Rs. 2000 (before taxes).
Airtel gives you an unlimited 128kbps connection AND a phone connection with Rs.450 talktime for Rs. 1500 approximately (before taxes). Both internet & phone connections are very reliable.

There's just something about paying Rs. 500 less AND getting a Rs. 450 landline, that makes me think that it would be absolutely absurd to choose Tata over Airtel if you had a choice.

So essentially, if you chooses Tata over Airtel you are spending atleast 500 to 1000 rupees more (depending on how useful the landline is to you) for the same internet package.

And to answer your question, Tata is is living in its own world because they are so ridiculously overpriced. Airtel is expensive too in my opinion, but I am willing to pay the premium for reliability and good speeds that cheaper ISPs lack. Thus, Tata's unlimited packages are just ridiculous and out of tune with what people can afford, and with the prices other ISPs are offering. I don't know anyone who has even considered taking broadband from Tata, and I am not surprised.

airtel has reliability and their customer support is a lot better than bsnl and tata. paying premium does not hurt when u get the service.

The sales person came to my home today as i applied for tata broadband. Have applied for 512 kbps plan of 2 gb download limit. He said it will take 10-12 days to complete wiring. Just hope it come out ok. Currently i have sify (for last 20 days) and I was all praise for it in my recent posts but for past 7 days its been a hell. u ppl here r so so right. CTO is not listening to my complains of regular timeouts and slow speed. So i thought lets give tata a try cos they r chargig 500 rs only as installation ( no modem charges and security deposit) and is scheduled to launch there telephone and internet using same line in next 1-2 months. And excellent thign is tht its a post paid connection. So if it sucks I will simply not pay 😀

What's wrong with these people imposing stupid limits? 2Gb will be done in 9.1 hours at that speed.

But i don't download much. My main priority is tht it must be up 24x7 cos i am freelancer programmer and sometime even 2-3 hrs of downtime can be difficult for me as my clients may be waiting to get some urgent work finished from me.

right... i have been in situations like this... but it can go bad if u do designing and have big files to upload.

Status
Not open for further replies.