TATA INDICOM TARIFFS

Sushubh

Administrator
welcome to the real world.

anand

Regulars
Regulars
What's wrong with these people imposing stupid limits? 2Gb will be done in 9.1 hours at that speed.

Sushubh

Administrator
it is still double of what MTNL and BSNL offers now ;)

hitman

Regulars
But i don't download much. My main priority is tht it must be up 24x7 cos i am freelancer programmer and sometime even 2-3 hrs of downtime can be difficult for me as my clients may be waiting to get some urgent work finished from me.

Sushubh

Administrator
right... i have been in situations like this... but it can go bad if u do designing and have big files to upload.

Vince

Regular
Regulars
Hey Hitman! Its good to hear someone is lookin forward to their conxn from Tata.I'm expecting the Tata guy to come around in "48 hours" now...Could you please tell me how much EXACTLY you paid him? Because a friend of mine told me that they might ask for 'extra wiring' charges...

Sushubh

Administrator
airtel rocks at that. since they do not want us to do the local wiring, they do all the wiring for free. i have got the entire house wired for airtel connection. but they did not ask for a single extra penny...

hitman

Regulars
He charged 500+50 tht is total of 550 rs for the wiring and no other charge like security deposit etc. He told me they r offering a scheme in which we just have to pay 550 instead of ususal 2000 for installation. U have to pay tht using cheque in favour of VSNL He told me tht every user will get personal piece of wire coming directly from the main server located in tht area and no silly hubs etc will be used. So i suppsoe it will decrease the downtime all the way. In tht 550 they include tht modem charges and no monthly modem rental is to be given like airtel but ya the package r expensive but i don't have airtel in my area so have to use this only . Is there anyone using tata broadband and would like to share his experience ?? :D

Vince

Regular
Regulars
Hi Sushubh, After thinking over what vebmetal said, and talkin to airtel customer care, i've decided NOT to go for airtel :( because i simply dont believe that they can MAKE me take up another phone (i have my rights on what to accept you know!) and my dad would kill me if i tried to disconnect my BSNl landline.What i want is CHEAP, fast internet with unlimited downloads,.....So my search is now down to Tata and Reliance(if i ever get their phone number)

Sushubh

Administrator
:) best of luck. but a second phone line at home can come handy. i have seen instances with BSNL going down and the service guys taking a week to repair it :) but everyone has their own reasons.