Tata Indicom Sucks In Trivandrum

samitshankar

[OP]
Sep 24, 2006
Hi,I decided to go for broadband in Trivandrum. Looked at the options but was forced to go with Tata Indicom as the cable operator TCM in my building only permits broadband via Tata Indicom. I called the Indicom contact Shammi who promptly came to collect the forms and cheque. This is where the nightmare began. He told me that he would get the internet up and running in 3 days as the building was already pre-wired. Fair enough, I waited for three days to get the ball rolling. Got a security call from Indicom office. But after the 5th day of inactivity called up Shammi to find out the status of the installation. Will get it by evening, was the reply. Fair enough. I was going to waiting till evening to get the installation. No show. Called again, no reply. Tried 15 times on the phone finally picked up. No apologies but a curt 'Will come tommorow' reply. I told him that I need to know the time when someone is going to come over as I work and wife has to go to my parents place during the day. No time committment. Finally connection man arrived and told me that the wiring cannot reach my computer room and had to shift my computer to another room. Ok, patiently I changed my guest bedroom with my computer room. Then silence from him again. Calling him the next day, no response. Repeated tries got me to him when he said someone will come in the evening for installation, pukka. Evening came and went. No response. No show. No one bothered to come and he obviously didn't bother to let me know that no one will come. On calling him repeatedly, he finally picked up the phone and said that if I want to connection, I have to wait or else cancel the connection. Fantastic service. I called up my bank and stopped payment of the cheque. If this is how they are now, I dread how they will be after I get the connection.TATA INDICOM SUCKS.

rikky

Sep 1, 2006
I agree - they have no sense of responsibility or liability. Once the payment is made, they just don't care. And their replies as always are very non-commital. Good that you stopped the cheque payment.

roshbosh

May 27, 2008
i am forced to take their connection too. but i fear about the speed and commitment? i am looking at their rates looking for good speed and download suggestions plz.. from vazhuthcad. took evdo stupid thing to do :wall:

Motorazor143

Regulars
Regulars
Dec 24, 2007
Well if possible then go for BSNL BB, TATA Indicom's service is one of the worst in India and they never deliver what they promise..think twice before settling down to TATA

dark_horizon

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 5, 2007
Tata Indicom Sucks In Trivandrum

^^^^^^ I beg to differ.

Tata Indicom sucks everywhere. Good job, that you made a stop payment on the cheque !

Motorazor143

Regulars
Regulars
Dec 24, 2007
yap!!..absolutely...TATA sucks big time:madness:

neevarp

Regulars
Regulars
Nov 4, 2007
Trivandrum
I know someone who is on 64kbps UL. Half of the time, the link light doesnt show-up. Still they have a major share of Internet Cafes in TVM and Technopark in their hands...

Motorazor143

Regulars
Regulars
Dec 24, 2007
Maybe they r providing better service to commercial people and ignoring the home users..this is the same story with sify:(

ganesh177

Regulars
Regulars
Dec 19, 2007
Pune
wires cant reach the computer is such a lame attempt to not perform the desired duties. Problem seems that tata does not have a eye on the work of wiring they outsource. And these guys take on ride anyone they want. This attitude sucks. Good you stopped the payment.