Tata Indicom Review

• Thread starter Thread starter shouvik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 15,485
Status
Not open for further replies.
To Check that you have to give me details of the modem like 1) Model No?2) Whether the browser interface page is co-branded with TATA indicom??3) Also in Wan setup what is the range of VPI/VCI??I have read in this forum only that someone is using airtel modem with Bsnl modem and viceversa so hope it might be possible.

I cannot review the product as I have not been able to get it to work, but this is a review of the customer service provided. I purchased the plug 2 surf feature from Tata Indicom, primarily because of the Tata name, assuming it would be reliable with reliable customer support. I was very disappointed with the feature, as I was unable to get it to work. On repeated calls to the person who provided me the service as well as calls and emails through their website Tata Indicom:: Customer Service ( Joke) I got no response or help either. Each time (without fail) I would get the response, that we will get back to you, but to no avail. One thing that did come without fail was the monthly bill. Fed up I decided to stop the payment to elicit a response. Sure enough I got the call, but when I asked them to send someone to make it work, the response was ..... you got it .... "we will get back to you". Finally I called them to cancel the service, even that is not easy, apparently I have to be back in person, in Delhi to go to their office to cancel it. I just got a call from a lawyer about a lawsuit to recover the bill amount....Ridiculous for a service that did not work even once I would not recommend Tata Indicom to anyone. The service may work for most, but anytime there is an issue do not expect any help from their Customer (un)Support.

If it is 64 kbps connection the download speed u will get is 64/8=8 Kbps .So 7kbps download speed for 64kbps connection is nothing bad

Whatever speeds the ISP Say divide by 8 and you will get that as max. download speed . 😉So 64 kbps - 8 kbps128 = 16 256 = 32 , 512 = 64 , 1 mb = 128 , 2 mb = 256 4 = 512 etc etc.😉

Till the time it was tied up - TATA VSNL - they were crap but as soon as TATA took complete control, now its working fine, no problems at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.