Tata Indicom plug2 surf USB Modem: Excessive Billing

• Thread starter Thread starter terryjose
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 62,293
Status
Not open for further replies.
it will only happen if some TRAI relative reports this. and may be even he will be silenced. did any1 try feedback form of trai website. it doesnt allow FULLSTOP or new line. so how does one organise feedback. i wrote 2paragraphs and finally when i clicked submit it reports error saying only alphanumeric chars allowed. so not even punctation is allowed

then i gave up. after removing punctuations, i figured that my complaint didnt make much sense.

a year back i wrote a feedback on the trai website about how UK was enjoying a normal 24mbps connection while we were working for that 256kbps blah blah... anyways, the message went...

a month earlier i wrote a full A4 size comment and when i tried to send it, it gave an error... the silly thing was even giving an error for spaces... i spent like 45 minutes that day and finally gave up...lol

on another note... i did ask for the usb modem at a store and 2850 F%$kin bucks... hell no... the thing looked like a damn bluetooth dongle which costs 300 bucks... haha...

i use the age old phone + data cable when i'm outdoor...

boycott tata and boycott kajol and isha for those stupid ads also...

Let me update with the latest on this issue now:

As me and my friend Mr. Mathew took up the matter very seriously with the local ( Kerala) Tata Indicom people, they finally accepted that there is a bug in their dialler software and hence their billing system shows excess usage.
The names of these two executives:

Roshan Francis: AM Customer Care
Mobileno: 9249409050 email: roshan.francis@tatatel.co.in
Cebil Joseph: 9249409054 cebil.joseph@tatatel.co.in

The above two visited my office as well Mr, Mathew and confirmed to us that there is an excessive billing and they promised us to replace our dialler with a new one and till they we dont need to pay any amount other than the monthly rental.

Recently they came to our office and installed the new dialler and we felt though it is not absolutely correct but has come closer to the actual usage log.

But we understand that Tata Indicom in other circles are still continue to charge their clients and who ever not taking up the matter seriously are being fleeced by them. It is a shame that despite that they are aware of the fact they still continue to cheat clients who are not aware of this.

So please all customers who face such problems please do post your experiences here so that they would be forced to make a correction in the all india level.

I have been getting many mails directly which I appreciate, But I would also request thos who directly write to me to post their grief here so that more and more people get to know about this.

how does changing dialer show corrrect billing? its their backend which records the usage time. they need to correct that.

Hi all, I had finally decided to give up the Tata Indicom Plug2surf modem, as they failed to keep their promise of removing their bug from their dialler software which continued to give excessive usage in comparison to their own log...All through this period I paid only the monthly rent and since my usage was well with in my free limit as per the modem log.However they continued sending me bills with out standing amount and interest over interest and what and all...I just decided to hell with this plug to hell modem!! I decided to use the EVDO of bsnl which is really excellent and great speed to with in the main city limits..and you just pay Rs 500 for unlimited download..So please all those who are using please keep a track of your actual usage shown on the log of the modem and check it with their billing figures and dont pay anything above your actual usage...and those who have inclination...think twice before making the decision...

Lot of readers are writing to me one email about this Tata Indicom Plug2 surf modem problem. It is clear that they are aware of this defect and excessive billing all over India but I find that only in Kerala they have accepted their fault and has waived off the excess charged.All over india they are exploiting the ignorence of the customers and collecting money. Please do make note of this and request all who uses their service to pay as per the log available in their dialler, which is provided by them. Never budge to their pressure and pay for anythng you havent used. They are the biggest cheats and please be aware of this. I have since then discontinued their service and have not paid a single paise in excess of my usage. I have brought a BSNL EVDO usb modem and it is very good and their billing is also perfect. It is always better to go for BSNL where ever their services are available as these private operators are all cheats!

Yes, that is correct. But it is not only for TATA I feel. When we use a volume based plan, time based plan it is very difficult to track the usage and the providers are having a good chance to cheat people. Even with Airtel Mobile Office i was facing the issue. I have billed 1000 etc apart from my normal billing. But when i converted my connection as corporate, the billing became very fair and it was very less. Moreover i guess the application provided by TATA shows the downloaded data and not the uploaded data volume. Please check and let me know if it is wrong. I am not worried of the billing as i am into Unlimited plan with Tata and i disconnected my Airtel mobile Office GPRS connection.

After seeing the TV Commercials of Tata Indicom plug 2 surf USB modem I purchased one for my laptop which has windows vista and took a connection from Tata Indicom ( +919249508384). They give it as a post paid mobile connection sim and by using this sim in the USB modem one can get internt through their supplier dialler. When you install the execution file in the CD you get a dialler which can be used for getting connected. The dialler has a sim based log which also gives you complete detailes of your usage. I took a plan with a monthly rental of Rs 150 where I get 300 minutes of free surfing. As I have broadband both in my office and house this plan is more than enough since I use it only when I am on the move. My first full month bill given by tata indicom showed a usage of over 700 minutes while my log on the dialler shows less than 300 minutes. One of my friend Mr. VJ Mathew has also similar excessive billing while both our log detailes showed actual usage. We complained to them with the screen shots of our log and after so many days they came out with a reply that their billing is robust and their billing is accurate. They also gave an explanation that when they contacted the manufacurer of the modem Sungil they admitted that there is a bug in their system and that caused the difference. While we have been regularly checking our usage with that of the log, we are 100% confident that it shows an accuate time while we suspect the bug must be in the tataindcom's billing system and hence they show a excessive usage. Tata Indicome has still failed to give an convincing reply and stick to their claim that their billing is accurate. Does any one else using the same plug 2 surf modem face the same? Please do check with your log on the dialler and compare it with their billing.

----------

hai to everybody
it happens to me in the same manner
first 3 months unlimited surfing...then automatically updated to 1099pmonth
they mail the bill to someone and they wont reach u....after 3 months ur bill will reach home totallyl 1099*3bills...thats TATA...no one to bother u...to hear ur complaints ...nothing ...just they ned money...

if u hv gutts
dont pay the money
first surrender the sim .....they wont accept it before settling the bils
go straight to the cust care office ...giv the letter ....from ...to sub...due to poor cust care resp.....poor band width...excessive billg..i cant afford ur indicom thats why im surrendering....gv the letter keep the sim on the table...get out from the office....

I know i've joined this thread very late, but just a few observations...1. @rageaddict, good one 😉2. TRAI is controlled by Tata, Reliance & the like.3. Despite consumer courts, RTI etc. consumers in India are still a powerless bunch. Businesses are out to take you for a ride, and unless you are alert, you WILL be conned!4. In a land where, we don't get what we pay for, compromise is part of the bargain.

Please never buy a post-paid connection in India...listen to me guys.Always use pre-paid and recharge it whatever plan you like this is safe and tensionfree as per my own experience, thanksJames

Status
Not open for further replies.