Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
15GB... it's confirmed now. it's on the tata indicom website. ruins it for any serious customer.

^^ 15GB it says 10GB

*Usage in Freedom Plan & Night Unlimited add on pack will be capped at Max 10 GB as per Fair Usage Policy. Additional Usage would be charged at Rs.2 per MB

High Speed Internet Access USB Tariffs

Can you please give the link which says 15GB

i checked the page for chennai region. it states:

*All Unlimited plans have a fair usage clause of 15 GB, post which additional usage rate will be Re 1 /MB

i guess you are checking some other region. which one are YOu checking?

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

i checked the page for chennai region. it states:

*All Unlimited plans have a fair usage clause of 15 GB, post which additional usage rate will be Re 1 /MB

i guess you are checking some other region. which one are YOu checking?

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Thank god I just called Tata indicom today only...Thanks really mate..You saved me 5000 bucks...

yeap. it has become necessary for anyone going for an unlimited package to know what the fair usage policy of the company is. airtel started the mess and now every broadband service seems to have a limit on the unlimited plan in the name of Fair Usage Policy.

Hey wait a min, there's a catch. the old plan or Rs.1500 for UL download is gone. so does that mean that the people who are in the old plan don't have data caps ?Someone please says Yes...I have already downloaded more than 27 GB in about 10 days of getting TATA Photon !

Me too... will have to call the customer care service and clarify this matter.

Just got the information from the customer care that this FUP limit is only for the new plans. And the old unlimited plan of Rs.1500 is no longer available for new customers. I'm safe right now but I don't think this will last for long.But 15 GB limit is too less. Useful only for checking mails on the go and casual browsing.

i called tata cust care to confirm about fup on wimax 1mbps and they said its not valid in north region and they can give in writing at time of connection..Upload as 1mbps. Too good to be true. Can anyone confirm?:huh:

which one are YOu checking?

Mumbai.

So different limits for different circles. Wonderful!! :wall:

looks like the customer is screwed.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

older customers would now have to keep on checking when tata puts them on FUP.

looks like the customer is screwed.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

older customers would now have to keep on checking when tata puts them on FUP.

Today the Tata Indicom customer care called me....I literally avoided them but the chief executive called me and said sir we will give you the 1500 plan and I said this is cheating and asked him what will I do if the plan changes...She told that she will standa as gaurentee that plan will not change...I am not ready to believe them but the offer is tempting for an unlimited connectionnn for 1500...Is the risk worth assuming that she gives in writing that the plan will not change say for 1 year...?

well even if they give it in writing as per their terms and conditions they can change the plan ANY day. this is how it works for them. you sign the conditions which enables them to do anything with the packages as they desire.

well even if they give it in writing as per their terms and conditions they can change the plan ANY day. this is how it works for them. you sign the conditions which enables them to do anything with the packages as they desire.

I wouldn't dare to buy it...even if it is FUP its not proportionate to the speed they offer...Doesn't TRAI do any study before implementing any policy?With a worthless minister at the helm of affairs God save the ISP's as well as the customers from the clutches of TRAI

Status
Not open for further replies.