Tata Indicom or Airtel ?

• Thread starter Thread starter thecoolone
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 6,285

thecoolone

Regular
ok guys i have surved the area and it seen that only Airtel and Tata Indicom meets my requirements !! So all you airtel and tata indicom guys help me out here and suggest me which one should i opt for !!cheers 😀

i had say airtel. they are reliable and it works... not sure abt tata indicom.

dont listen to sushubh, he's a salesman for airtel heheget bsnl dudeya ya, i know that's not your question 8-P

doh, broadbandblog.in not working for me... DNS problems again?

working here. actually their are so many sites out there managed by us, i won't be surprised to see some of them down for a couple of days without me getting to know abt it 🙁

Tata indicom has incompetent rates. When all other ISPs offer 64kbps for 500-600 Tata Indicom charges 800. And i have heard that they dont give service instantly and give u a run of 20-30 days when u finally get a connection. Even airtel doesnt have the best rates but comparitively speaking airtel is better. You have to settle down for the cockroach instead of the worm.

Originally posted by abdulrahman004+Jul 27 2005, 10:57 AM-->QUOTE(abdulrahman004 @ Jul 27 2005, 10:57 AM)
Tata indicom has incompetent rates. [/b]

Agreed

QUOTE(abdulrahman004 @ Jul 27 2005, 10:57 AM)
And i have heard that they dont give service instantly and give u a run of 20-30 days when u finally get a connection.[/b]

i agree from experience. But the guys at the ground level (the wiring guys, the engineer) are very helpful.

Originally posted by Vince@Jul 27 2005, 09:35 PM
Agreed
May i know which other ISP offers 64kbps?
(No ISP)
May i also know which is the "cheapest" "UNLIMITED" internet available?
[snapback]18498[/snapback]
[/quote]
Well to start off Airtel offers 64 kbps connection @ Rs 600. Secondly Sify provides 64kbps connection for Rs 500. Regarding the download limit which is 200Mb per day, i guess that will just be enough to download continiuosly for 6 hrs considering 25Mb/ hr. And if you still want to downlaod more then there is all night for you (unlimited downloads between 10pm - 8am) so that will be enough . And more over i live in hyd where there is an ISP called Beam cable which offers 64kbps for Rs 600. So i guess the industry has stabilised with the rates (leaving TATA behind) . Two years back when i took the so called broadband service my local cable wallah provided me 64 kbps @ Rs 900. Now 2 years have passed but what i see is TATA still offering those rates. I wudnt complain much because i know that wont help. 2 years is really a long time . Many countries have made major advancements in this broadband field but we still are lagging miles away... Sigh

Any ways i live in hyd and Airtel isnt available here.

Originally posted by abdulrahman004@Jul 27 2005, 10:18 PM
many countries have made major advancements in this broadband field but we still are lagging miles away... Sigh

[snapback]18501[/snapback]
[/quote]

Blame it on the Indian system of democracy and politics !!

As long as the politicians are satisfied, we the normal citizens dont matter much

politicians should get us broadband to get themselves video conferencing facility to talk to their kids studying abroad 😛

doubt wether their kids wud like that !! heheeimagine laloo on a videoconference with his son in the uk !! a fodder stealer with a live feed ... rofl