• Views Views 4,303
Status
Not open for further replies.

amar

Senior
ISP
TataSky BB, Jio-4G, Airtel-4G
Website Launched::

Unveiling an integrated, technology-agnostic business approach, Tata Teleservices Limited (TTL) said all Tata Indicom customers will be migrated to its Tata Docomo brand from Thursday.

Tata Indicom’s CDMA, GSM, 3G and Photon platforms will now be available under the unified brand Tata Docomo, which makes an entry into the CDMA space with this move, senior company officials told a press conference here on Wednesday.

“Our new business approach gives TTL new strategic direction in the ‘access, content and solutions’ spaces, enabling the company to offer compelling propositions to customers in a market that has been witnessing far-reaching changes in terms of usage trends and customer preferences,” TTL Regional Head (South) Yatish Mehrotra said.

TTL said it is planning significant investments to upgrade its CDMA network to deepen and widen its existing footprint.

TTL also unveiled Photon Max on Tata Docomo, the latest addition to its Photon family of high-speed mobile broadband access products on the CDMA platform, which works on the REV.B platform and offers “extremely fast surfing speeds.”

The company clarified that the migration of services to the unified Tata Docomo brand would happen in Delhi-NCR at a later date. This would not impact TTL’s Indicom, Photon and Walky consumers in Delhi, as they would continue to get the same quality of service as in the past, it said.

Source:: The Hindu

could not locate the PR in my mailbox.

this looks stupid to me because DOCOMO is a Japanese brand and with this they are pretty much hinting that they might exit the market some day selling their operations to NTT DOCOMO. we have seriously not seen any benefits of having DOCOMO involved in Tata DOCOMO. they do not have any cool devices exclusively available on their network for example.

Should not have been doneTATA Indicom is one of the crappiest brands everDOCOMO is atleast a good budget brand with some distinctive featuresNow,they will make DOCOMO as bad as TATAIt would be like a govt company buying a pvt company and then taking the pvt.company's name

errm. have you ever used tata docomo? i have a connection for like 4-5 years. and it has never failed me. it worked flawlessly on roaming. even during darshan in vaishno devi.

yea.. thats what I am saying

DOCOMO is good

but putting all the TATA Indicom crap under DOCOMO would spoil the DOCOMO brand as well

----------

I have been using DOCOMO for about 1.5 yrs
used Indicom for a bit more than a year
Photon+ for 14 months

crap. i actually meant indicom. docomo is not even present in gurgaon region. they do not have the rights to offer services around here. so basically my point was that. indicom has great service. and it would only benefit from getting connected to the docomo branding. they would have a single range of stores so it saves them a lot of money. customer would have more options to pick from a single point of sale. everyone benefits. they would not have to run different ads/marketing campaigns and so on.

Personal experience has been differentPhoton+ gives me speeds of 150-300kbpsIndicom randomly used to deduct money from the prepaid account (lost about Rs 200 before I gave up the connection)DOCOMO tries to put fraud charges on and off, but then refund it from the online chat

Indicom has a great service and also the coverage is much superior than the DoCoMo..But, this re-branding will create confusion among the retailers..

confusion with retailers? how? each of their store would be able to offer both services. reliance mobile already does it. and it has worked fine for them.

Thanks Sushubh for creating/ renaming a section for TTSL.
New Website Launched.

Status
Not open for further replies.