Tata Indicom Broadband Speed Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

prashanth_brp

ISP
TATA Broadband
Hello. I have changed my plan from infinity 400 plus to power flash 384. At night from 10PM to 8AM i am getting 1Mbps (125 KBps) speed instead of 1.5Mbps(192 KBps). I am in Chennai now. I am confused whether the speed what I am getting is correct or not. If anybody facing the same problem or getting the proper speed (192KBps), please post here. I need some proof to kick on their(TCISL) ass. 😛leasehelp:

Hello.

I have changed my plan from infinity 400 plus to power flash 384.
At night from 10PM to 8AM i am getting 1Mbps (125 KBps) speed instead of 1.5Mbps(192 KBps).

I am in Chennai now. I am confused whether the speed what I am getting is correct or not. If anybody facing the same problem or getting the proper speed (192KBps), please post here. I need some proof to kick on their(TCISL) ass. 😛leasehelp:

Check the plan in your account at Tata Broadband website. That should be the proof you are looking for.

there is speed problem in tata indicom.......i agree definitely.....dont go with tata indicom they dont keep their promise i purchase plug to surf of tata upon purchase i was told that speed wud be 156Kbps but when i used it was 115.2 Kbps.

heya ...u will get surfing speed upto only 1.2 MBps dats it ...& for download speed ...use IDM to dowload...i get upto 200 KBps speed through it, widout it ...only 115 ....& yea it also depends on site where ur downloading stuffs !:thumb:

Same for Mumbai. On lucky days (few), I get 1MBPS of the promised 1.5MBPS from 10am to 8 am, and VSNL's landing station is barely 300 meters away.

i'm getting 180Kbps (1.4Mbps) during night in Bangalore

That's great. I have gotten 230 KBPS (1.8 MBPS) but the point is the speeds are not consistent. I'd rather get average high speeds of 1MBPS, that occasional one hit wonders.Also, what happens when tons of people sign up for the more4sure plan? With a contention ratio of 50:1 getting stressed, you will be surprised at how quickly your 1.4MBPS at night dives into sub-750 KBPS. And the frequency disconnections, dropped calls, streaming video pauses, interrupted downloads start annoying you.Trust me, it's happened to me. I'd rather have 1.4MBPS than no access or 512KBPS. Also, wait for the downtime cycle to hit you. I'd enjoy and max the connection if I were you. Goodluck until Tata says TATA. 🙂

That's great. I have gotten 230 KBPS (1.8 MBPS) but the point is the speeds are not consistent. I'd rather get average high speeds of 1MBPS, that occasional one hit wonders.

Also, what happens when tons of people sign up for the more4sure plan? With a contention ratio of 50:1 getting stressed, you will be surprised at how quickly your 1.4MBPS at night dives into sub-750 KBPS. And the frequency disconnections, dropped calls, streaming video pauses, interrupted downloads start annoying you.

Trust me, it's happened to me. I'd rather have 1.4MBPS than no access or 512KBPS. Also, wait for the downtime cycle to hit you. I'd enjoy and max the connection if I were you. Goodluck until Tata says TATA. 🙂

I'm sure i 'll not have any such problem with TATA, b'cause they have signed SLA for my business as well. I know how to screw them if something goes wrong even for home my connection :inodding:
Who will give free static Ip for my home connection without charging me single penny :hysterical:

BTW its 180KBps+ consistent torrent download and seeding from private trackers. Even i got 4-5Mbps during midnight for few minutes to hours
I think you really don't know to deal with them. Ask for dedicated slot if you can, tht will not affect your speed even if they 10k more users same base station .

most companies provide much better services to business customers. sify for example. they are big for corporate connections but they suck for home connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.