TATA Indicom Broadband planning WiMAX rollout!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter netfreak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 23,678
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update :TATA Guys tested signals at my place last week. Signals were no good 🙁 They will come back when they have better infrastructure. At present it is running on "borrowed" infrastructure from their cell operations.

On another note, why is reliance wimax being discussed in a tata thread ?are they sharing something...besides the profits they make of us.

Reliance Wireless Broadband Offer!!
The leader in the Indian telecom sector is glad to announce INDIA 's FIRST WIRELESS BROADBAND...
...Unlimited planMonthly Plan Charges7509991799Download Speed upto150 Kbps300 Kbps600 KbpsHigh Speed PlanMonthly Plan Charges750Download Speed upto2 MbpsFree usage 4 GBAddiontal usage charge 90 paise/MB
Also Tata Wimax would be available for Bangloreans very shortly....:thumbsup:

Mr. 'Reliance WiMax', i.e. if you are a man or...
Are you "the leader" and who else is going to fall for the "upto" anymore?
... besides, that isn't really attractive.

On another note, why is reliance wimax being discussed in a tata thread ?
are they sharing something...besides the profits they make of us.

I agree FULLY with blr_p... why is this happening again? This should not even be here. Who is this "Reliance Wimax" chappy?
Can 'admin' please check him out?!

Well for me anything is attractive as compared to current connection that is delivered through cablewalla. My gameplan is to get 10 - 15 ppl interested in a society of 300 flats [Minimum rent 18k per month] in getting broadband. IF that happens then MTNL can lay 4 mbps leased line to building.Till that happens, its wireless connection of some sort.

Update :
TATA Guys tested signals at my place last week. Signals were no good 🙁
They will come back when they have better infrastructure. At present it is running on "borrowed" infrastructure from their cell operations.

Their CELL operations are poor too. I have this friend who is having a real tough time with them... low speeds entirely because they have oversold and their infrastructure is too weak to manage that many customers.

I believe that Huawei is managing something for them... not sure what?!

My intention is to get rid of middleman (cablewalla). They are the main source of instability.With Wireless, at least that wont be the case.

see other threads about reliance wimax unreliability. i hope tata does not suffer for your sake from rains, line of sight issues etc

Yeah. I doubt we will have WiMax at reasonable prices until 2011 atleast.

hey can some body suggest me on tata wimax connection. a guy from tata had called me today n he said they have launched this wimax.the tarrif is we have to pay an advance amount of 3200 aproximately for six months.the speed he mentioned was 256kbps n the usage is unlimited.so if some one can suggest me about the advantage n disadvantages of this offer n also about the service of tata wimax if they have used it or kno abt it i would b really glad. thank u......to inform u all i have taken bsnl evdo connection.they have promissed a speed of 144kbps.but the signal is not constant at all. i have given a refundable deposite of rs1500.and i was told by the bsnl employee at N.R.COLONY branch tat i have to pay an amount of rs.450 plus rs.200 tat is totally 650 per month for unlimited usage.and an one time activation charge of rs.250 in the frst bill.so it was suppose to come up to 1000 bucks in the frst bill.but now i have got the frst bill n they have mentioned the total payable amount to b 3700 bucks.they have mentioned all ****ing hidden charges.and not even a single asshole knows abt the tarrif plan.so guys plz plz plz make sure tat u have been given printed tariff before u go for it.

I have been on WiMax pilot for last 2 months... and it has been quite stable so far.OTOH, I still have LAN connection from TATA and that has been stable as well. Looks like they put some money in my area.Overall, I will suggest that you wait for sometime and get feedback from users in your area before committing money in advance.

hey thnx for ur suggestion, it ll surely help me.n i wud request any bangalore customer to suggest me on wimax by tata indicom. thank u

Waiting for reviews...

and woiuld you beleive it, they waited till after the rains 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.