• Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,502
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandy84

Regular
ISP
Tata Indicom 4mbps NU
I am using a Windows XP as a VM in my Vista machine. I need to configure the settings for Network in this VM. Does anybody have used it like this?I am using VMWare 6 with setting of using bridged network for Win XP.I have other information with me like DNS server and gateway. I want to know what should i put in at IP address box? I generally use 192.168.1.2. I tried to use it but it say IP conflict. Can I use other than that? Something like 192.168.1.3?Can I use the internet connection on both machines at same time? Does Tata Indicom allows us to login on two computers using one user name at same time? What will happen about dynamic IP address provided at the time of login? Will they be same or different?

I m also using XP & Linux in Vmware , thr is no need to enter any settings in Vmware ..it will get automatically ..IF the net is working in u orignal OS den it will automatically work in Vmware !I m using internet in both vmware and actual OS @ same time

^^ Which mode did you select for networking? I selected Bridged and I was not able to connect to internet.

I used NAT. But I was not able to access internet if my host machine is connected to internet. Have you done any additional settings on your virtual machine? I removed all the settings of IP for local area connection. I had earlier defined the IP address, default gateway and dns server for the connection.

dont assign any IP address to VM , just make sure it set to get IP from dhcp, then it should be able to access with out any problem. once you connected to internet on host computer, run below command from VM and see whether your requests are crossing the VM network or not

tracert 4.2.2.2
tracert Google

Status
Not open for further replies.