Tata DOCOMO unveils ‘Video ringtone’ service : Vringo !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what the hell is a video ringtone? 😕

When Someone calls you , your mobile will start playing a Video clip as Ringtone instead of normal audio ringtone 😀

i would believe that this is a feature that would depend upon the phone model 😕 android and ios would probably not support it at all? 😕 not sure what is going on here?

This feature was available in Nokia mobiles (S60), ~6 years ago 😛

Refer below link for Phone Models. Also its an app which will enable this feature.

VRINGO

duh. so they are basically reselling a mobile app. blah.

----------

six years ago you have awful videos on phones. today you can have hd quality videos 😀

Actually, I had used this feature 5 years back in my Nokia 6600 and Nokia 6630 and that too for FREE.

it is a very stupid functionality to have on a phone. that's why it is not offered by android and ios by default. of course, it can be added. android and ios and most other smartphones already are designed to show a picture of the contact calling you. android picks up the image from user's google profile today.

I don't see what is 'new' about this one. Have had this capability on my phone for ages, though I never used it

Me too. Used it earlier almost 4 years ago on Nokia N95. But didnt find exciting to play Video for incoming call. So removed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.