Tata docomo mobile 3G add-on pack related bill generation error/customer care unawareness

• Thread starter Thread starter poorman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 4,759
Status
Not open for further replies.

poorman

ISP
TATA DOCOMO 3G
This message I am posting so that post paid users will get alerted when they select the 3G add-on packs thinking it is worth for money and finally paying the entire month salary for the 3G data usage.
I am a Tata Docomo mobile network user. April month I activated 3G add-on pack worth Rs.200 with free data usage 512 MB. I wonderd how I will be knowing the data usage. That time the customer care person told me I can check my daily data usage through my accounts in tata docomo website. I started using 3G and also checked day to day usage in My accounts. Eventhough my data usage is less than the 512 MB free usage, the bill was generated based on one paise per kb basis. So I got scared and before reaching the maximum usage 512 MB,, I gave a request in person to stop the 3G services for my number to Tata docomo office at Koramangala,Bangalore. After that my 3G connection was stopped. But when I received my april month bill , I found that ( in addition to my mobile bill) instead of Rs.200 for the 3G add on pack, it was showing Rs.1871 chargable for my data usage. This Rs.1871 is based on one paise per kb for around 183 MB. Imagine if I used the 512 MB my bill will be Rs.5120.
When I am looking for clarification from customer care, They told the Rs.200 3G add on pack is valid for one month and since I disconnected 3G service before one month, they converted the data usage based on per kb basis. With whose consent they changed and charged me like this. I gave disconnecting request in person to tata docomo office. If they told me about this hidden rule, i wouldnot have disconnected my 3G service. In their website also these hidden rules are not specified (I have the screenshots of your website). It seems that the customer care people don’t know the guidelines and also the Tata docomo bill generation software lacks some basic calculation. I paid my mobile bill plus Rs.200 for 3G add on pack and sent a complaint to Tata docomo. My complaint reference id regarding this issue is xxxxxxxxxxx. The person who contacted me unable to clarify my genuine concerns and finally sent one sms to me saying my issue sucessfully resolved. Again I sent a email to their official id. I got a reply they checked my account and what they charged is correct only for my data usage. So finally that RS.200 add-on pack is a sad joke.
So dear consumers, whatever network you are using if you are under post paid subscription, don’t activate 3G. Remember If I used prepaid the network operator will not get the chance to charge me a huge bill.
The unfortunate Customer.

pathetic... i really dont believe this is TATA venture :icon_rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.