• Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 18,670
Status
Not open for further replies.

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
For few days, I am facing issue with 3G Network on Tata Docomo. Earlier I got 3G network almost all places where I am present (inside office, inside home, my home location, and many parts of road) in Pune. But now I am not getting 3G network in my office. At home as well 3G network is not received, and same experience on roads. At all this instance phone would shift to 2G internet. I am at Pune. I was very happy woth Docomo 3G Network after getting disappointed with Vodafone and Idea 3G. Now if Docomo continues to go down like this, I may have to try Idea 3G again, but I am tempted to stay on Docomo 3G for its double data plans (Rs 90 for 600 MB).

ON INR250 U GET FULL TALKTIME WITH 1GB 3G DATA

I am on Rs.90/- double data pack and it's working fine... getting min. 7.2mbps speed. 3G Network is awesome in my area.

amar said:
I am on Rs.90/- double data pack and it's working fine... getting min. 7.2mbps speed. 3G Network is awesome in my area.
I am also getting very good speed in some areas. Problem is now coverage is reduced for me. I can say that previously I was getting good 3G speed at 90% places I travelled, it may have come down to 60% now.
Now at many places phone is not getting 3G network, and it starts using 2G (EDGE) network, which is very slow when compared to 3G experience 🙂

Dear Customer,

Kindly provide us your 10 digit Tata DOCOMO number, your alternate contact number and email ID so that we can get in touch with you.
Thanks and Regards
Customer Care
Tata DOCOMO.

My photon 3G data sim that i use with my dongle is not working since the last two days.network reception is full n it shows as "connected" but still no website opens.Tata tele's customer care is vry disappointing.they just dont help.i dont knw wat to do with this connection now.

doherthy said:
My photon 3G data sim that i use with my dongle is not working since the last two days.network reception is full n it shows as "connected" but still no website opens.Tata tele's customer care is vry disappointing.they just dont help.i dont knw wat to do with this connection now.
Enter the settings manually if you are using a universal dongle.Which dongle are you using anyways?

I've been having some pretty strange issues with my Tata Photon 3G in Bangalore over the last 24 hours. The connection suddenly freezes (I'm completely unable to access the network) for a minute or so every few minutes, and then resumes normal operation before freezing again after some time and so on. What's even stranger is that I don't get disconnected during these freezes and my 3G signal strength is always full (5 bars, as shown in the dialer, even during the freezes). The connection was working well before this started to happen. Has anyone here had or is having this issue? Hopefully, it is only a temporary problem. This happens on all devices I use my SIM or USB dongle with.
Also, unrelated to the above mentioned issue, my download speed seems to be capped at 3.6 Mbps (I can never get faster than that on speedtest.net, see below)

The claimed download speed for my plan (and dongle supported speed) is up to 7.2 Mbps, but I can never get faster than 3.6 Mbps even in the dead of the night when there is very little network load, and I have full signal strength in my area. Could the speed be limited by the tower then? Does anyone here get anything faster than 3.6 Mbps on photon 3G?

Both issues fixed themselves on their own (the speed one after a recharge), so it was a temporary issue. I'm getting better download speeds now.

I have a feeling that the download speed cap of 3.6 or 7.2 Mbps is decided by the data plan. Only the higher valued plans go faster than 3.6 Mbps.

Status
Not open for further replies.