• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 6,095
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Tata Docomo
Hello all!
This is my first topic in this forum, and it is partly a complaint and partly a request for more information about my problem with Tata docomo.

Firstly, my handset (Asus fonepad) is not supported by Tata docomo as I have seen it in their website. I bought Tata docomo sim 2 months ago and recharged with Rs250 to get 3G internet access along with phone call facility. But since the handset is not supported, I had to manually enter APN (Tata.docomo.internethvc).
It worked well, but my internet is extremely intermittent. Sometimes it works (I can see blue 'H' symbol on my fonepad) and sometimes it gets disconnected for long periods of time. Yet, other times it works only partially (I see grey symbol of 'H' on my fonepad near the signal strength symbol) such that only some websites open and most of the websites do not open (including google!).
So my question is if it is the problem with Tata docomo 3G service itself or is the problem with my device? Or is my internet plan (Rs250 ) the wrong one? My device supports both GSM and WCDMA modes. In case there is any internet plan that will allow me 24/7 internet connectivity on my fonepad?
Should I change my ISP to Airtel or Idea? I was told by the Tata Docomo staff in their shop that intermittent internet connectivity is a normal problem for 3G and exists for all the service providers. Is this true?

Thank you.

Also, to add to my last post, I tried calling their customer service (they do not even have any language options except the local language in Pune!). After trying a lot I finally got connected to their staff, but the service was pathetic. They kept transferring call to their supervisors/seniors. And one guy even told me to disable Mobile Data option in Android to get permanent 3G internet!

Disable Mobile data for permanent 3G..! How funny is that ! Let's come to the point now. Are you getting good network coverage ? If not, then that might be a possible cause for frequent disconnections. If yes, then, is yours a dual SIM phone ? If it is, try to use only Tata Docomo SIM (take the other SIM out), so that there is no interference with other operator's network. Some times it happens in dual SM phones, that the internet becomes inconsistent due to interference from the other network (your SIM 2 network). If it works well with single SIM, then you might consider switching to Airtel (if you want to use two SIMs). I don't know why, but my personal experience has been that Airtel's network works best in such a situation.

Asus fonepad has a single microSIM slot, so i had to 'convert' the normal sim into microSIM to be able to use it. Could this be a reason?I was thinking if I spill out some more money get only prepaid recharge for data packs i will be able to get much stability of 3g connection? Is there any Tata docomo user with flawless intrnet connectivity in pune around?

x720 said:
AFAIK, tata 3G isn't very stable. And no, 3G isn't supposed to stay disconnected for hours.
What about other 3G service providers? I heard that using 3G dongle for internet is pretty reliable from one of my colleagues who uses Airtel 3G dongle. If the dongle can provide continuous (at least a few hours if not 24/7) then shouldn't the high end devices like Asus fonepad be able to provide the same for 3G?

Your device is fine. Docomo's network sucks. Idea should be fine. Airtel doesn't have a 3G license in mh&g and hence can't sell new 3G connections. Idk about the APNs in tata. Maybe someone else could shed some some light on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.