Tata DOCOMO 10/20/50/100Mbps High Speed FTTH Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter KurianOfBorg
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 154
  • Views Views 80,422
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have the new 10/20/50/100 Mbps High speed plans? They seem much better than Airtel's plans. What kind of connections are they?
Lightning Plans
Update:
Connection is useless. They are barely able to provide 1.5 - 2 Mbps. Read post #109 onwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
FTTH/FTTB

I really wish ISP's would offer 150-200 GB as their FUP limit before cutoff...20Mbps followed by 50GB FUP is ridiculous...services like Hulu/Netflix are just out with such low FUP even if the speeds will support them 🙁

Useless for most 🙁
& again not available in most places

I just filled in the paperwork for a new FTTH connection.
Which plan ?

KurianOfBorg said:
I just filled in the paperwork for a new FTTH connection.
Which area of Chennai are you in? I filled in the web form for a callback, but, haven't heard back as yet

madhusudhan7 said:
Which plan ?
The 50Mbps 80GB for now. If the 1Mbps post-FUP speed is unbearable I might get the 100Mbps just for the 2Mbps post-FUP speed. In any case I'm going to keep pestering them and email every Tata address I can find telling them the plans are unsatisfactory and that they have to provide more data at a more reasonable cost per GB.
georgemp said:
Which area of Chennai are you in? I filled in the web form for a callback, but, haven't heard back as yet
I'm in Nungambakkam. I called a sales manager today and the guy literally showed up at my place 10 mins later. I told him I was at work and he showed up at my office 20 mins later. There is no advance payment. You only pay when you get your first month's bill. Prior to calling him I registered on the website yesterday night and also called customer care to find out about availability and they called me twice today, once for the website registration and once for the call to customer care. I had already completely the application with the sales manager who said the connection was feasible in at my address (since he went to my house first), but someone else called me today evening again and wanted my address to check for feasibility.
Now just have to wait. They said it'll take 10 days and they just give a dumb fibre to CAT6 converter. You have to plug it into your own router.

I'm in Nungambakkam too..so, there might be hope for me as well 🙂 I will have to think about it tho...if airtel will give me the 8Mbps 80GB plan, then I might prefer the higher FUP on that to a 20 Mbps 50GB plan...will have to do some serious thinking 🙂
Will wait for their call...or could you PM me their sales manager number? Thanks

Gotta love competition. Folks from Tata Docomo called today, and said the connection was feasible in my area. Called up Airtel and they said 16Mbps is feasible for me (5 months ago 8Mbps was not feasible). So, they are offering 16Mbps with the following rates - Rs. 1699 (30GB), Rs. 2199 (50 GB), Rs. 2599 (80GB) and Rs. 3299 (175 GB). I am considering sticking with Airtel for now, as I would like at least 80GB data per month and for that with Tata Docomo I'd have to pay Rs. 4444 - even tho that is at 50Mbps, I think I might prefer larger data usage for now. But, in any case, it's good to know that there are now at least 2 providers in the area. Now, if only they would compete and have more reasonable FUP policies 🙂

Loving this. I hope it is there in my area (anna nagar), but unlikely... will check right away!!
Are symmetric of say 1Mbps better than a 10mbps one? Is the contention ratio on a symmetric line 1:1?

rsatbf said:
Loving this. I hope it is there in my area (anna nagar), but unlikely... will check right away!!
Are symmetric of say 1Mbps better than a 10mbps one? Is the contention ratio on a symmetric line 1:1?
No it is SDSL which gives the same upload and download speed. I have never in my life been affected by the contention ratio even at 4Mbps. I've always got the entire upload and download speed on Airtel 24x7x365.

I got a call and visit by the technical team. This is not available in my street but in a neighbouring block and they are unwilling to invest in laying cable to my house... so no luck...

georgemp said:
Gotta love competition. Folks from Tata Docomo called today, and said the connection was feasible in my area. Called up Airtel and they said 16Mbps is feasible for me (5 months ago 8Mbps was not feasible). So, they are offering 16Mbps with the following rates - Rs. 1699 (30GB), Rs. 2199 (50 GB), Rs. 2599 (80GB) and Rs. 3299 (175 GB). I am considering sticking with Airtel for now, as I would like at least 80GB data per month and for that with Tata Docomo I'd have to pay Rs. 4444 - even tho that is at 50Mbps, I think I might prefer larger data usage for now. But, in any case, it's good to know that there are now at least 2 providers in the area. Now, if only they would compete and have more reasonable FUP policies 🙂
Airtel has lied to me several times about higher speeds being feasible and then called me before the next billing cycle and said that its not feasible. In fact they only provide 2Mbps at my street. I had to take a new connection just to get 4Mbps.
What street are you on in Nungambakkam?

Status
Not open for further replies.