TATA Broadband Open Ports? For Kazaa, Shareaza,

• Thread starter Thread starter Stanley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 9,453
Status
Not open for further replies.
search around the forum. you will find plenty of methods!

I've scanned my ip with ANGRY IP SCANNER (great tool that)... no open ports.... but even when i dont use a firewall.... so does that mean anything?I've also tried that ShieldsUp website... no open ports..

oh i got the reply for my question here. can any one tell me if i take 64k unlimited connection then what download speed i would be expectiing? thanks

^^ You can expect a steady 10kBps (i.e, 80kbps)...

^^ Max. He asked about a 64kbps connection under the Tata Indicom BB section. And for Tata Indicom BB, you get 10kBps and not the 8 kBps you are supposed to get. (which is a good thing) Ok?

i know but you are giving him false hopes. Just like everyone on Airtel doesnt get double the speed at night, he may not get 10KBps but only 6KBps. What then?

thanks for ur replies guy... anything better than my dialup connection would be fine for me, but should be unlimited...would soon shift to 64k unlimited.. thanks

I normally use uTorrent for downloading. Earlier I was using MTNL's Triband and I was able to configure ports in the router. But since MTNL doesn't provide unlimited connection in Mumbai, I switched to Tata. I had read on this forum that Tata is not blocking any port. BUT my uTorrent client keeps saying:
"Not connectable. A firewall/router is limiting your network traffic. You need to open up a port so others can connect to you".

If no port is blocked by Tata, then why I am getting this message?
I have taken their 256 Kbps unlimited connected on Metro Ethernet. No CPE/Router, so I can't configure NAT/Firewall myself. I am using Kaspersky Internte Security and have clearly defined rules for uTorrent.

Please help. I desperately need my torrents to work.

Thanks.

Hi FriendsI got my TataIndicom unlimited-64 kbps perpaid conn with CPE of XAVI - X8821r+ router.I experienced a NAT/Firewall problem with my eMule/Azureus (torrent client)/Lime Ware .Then I have added a new port forwarding rule to my router in NAT section.After that all are working fine.But I'm facing a starnge problem with my conn.Sometimes it disconnects itself and after 3/4 minutes again the conn is going live or sometimes it (router)need reboot.Can anyone plz help me for the configuration of my router, means only for the page "QUICK CONFIGUARTION" in Home menu ?Hope to get a reply from you.Thanx

QUOTE(dextor @ Oct 1 2006, 12:47 PM) [snapback]63782[/snapback]
I normally use uTorrent for downloading. Earlier I was using MTNL's Triband and I was able to configure ports in the router. But since MTNL doesn't provide unlimited connection in Mumbai, I switched to Tata. I had read on this forum that Tata is not blocking any port. BUT my uTorrent client keeps saying:
"Not connectable. A firewall/router is limiting your network traffic. You need to open up a port so others can connect to you".

If no port is blocked by Tata, then why I am getting this message?
I have taken their 256 Kbps unlimited connected on Metro Ethernet. No CPE/Router, so I can't configure NAT/Firewall myself. I am using Kaspersky Internte Security and have clearly defined rules for uTorrent.

Please help. I desperately need my torrents to work.

Thanks.
[/b]

I just signed up for that connection. Should get it within this week. mine is gonna be the metro ethernet one too. i hope the ports are open otherwise torrents would get seriously jacked up?

Dextor, if yu figure something out or get ur ports opened somehow, please inform me. i'll subscribe to this post, but can u please please pm me incase your problem is solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.