Tata Broadband - Not Worth Your Money

• Thread starter Thread starter abhinav7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 5,331
Status
Not open for further replies.

abhinav7

Let me put it simply, it's too expensive. First the good points (because there are very few) - Good Points - 1. Uses DSL technology, so unlike sify broadband, the real speed is actually close to the claimed speed.Bad Points -1. I applied for a connection and after 16 days, they tell me it's not possible.2. If your'e intested in unlimited plans, go for airtel because they are also offing it thriugh dsl now. Cost Comparison-64 kbps unlimited:Tata Indicom - Rs. 800 Per MonthAirtel - Rs. 600 Per Month + Rs. 99 Modem Rental128 kbps unlimited - Tata - Rs. 2000 per MonthAirtel - Rs. 900 +Rs. 99You can buy your own dsl modem for airtel for about Rs. 2000For limited data connections, dataone from bsnl offers higher data limits so i'd suggest that.3. Hidden Costs - They claim on their website that that there are no hidden costs but all costs are exclusive of service tax.4. Bad Sales Executives - I had the bad luck of some Mr. Bharat.He gives me his phone no. and asks me to call him. When i do, somebody else picks it up and gives another number. I had to go through 5 people to find the right guy.

What kind of Modem necessary??Does the modem we get with bsnl connection work the adsl 2+ modem Smart AX MT 880

Originally posted by abhinav7@May 15 2005, 05:19 PM
Let me put it simply, it's too expensive. First the good points (because there are very few) -

Good Points -

1. Uses DSL technology, so unlike sify broadband, the real speed is actually close to the claimed speed.
Bad Points -

1. I applied for a connection and after 16 days, they tell me it's not possible.
2. If your'e intested in unlimited plans, go for airtel because they are also offing it thriugh dsl now. Cost Comparison-

64 kbps unlimited:
Tata Indicom - Rs. 800 Per Month
Airtel - Rs. 600 Per Month + Rs. 99 Modem Rental

128 kbps unlimited -
Tata - Rs. 2000 per Month
Airtel - Rs. 900 +Rs. 99

You can buy your own dsl modem for airtel for about Rs. 2000

For limited data connections, dataone from bsnl offers higher data limits so i'd suggest that.

3. Hidden Costs - They claim on their website that that there are no hidden costs but all costs are exclusive of service tax.

4. Bad Sales Executives - I had the bad luck of some Mr. Bharat.He gives me his phone no. and asks me to call him. When i do, somebody else picks it up and gives another number. I had to go through 5 people to find the right guy.
[snapback]9393[/snapback]
[/quote]

but how is the unlimited 64 kbps connection speed?
how much is the download at ? 5 kbps +?

Anytimeuneed, i use Tata indicom 64kbps, and i'm getting avg. 90kbps...i.e., i should get 8 KBps, but i'm getting around 11-12KBps..😀 😀[Coolbuddy, do you use tataindicom bb?]

Originally posted by Vince@Jul 13 2005, 12:38 PM
Anytimeuneed, i use Tata indicom 64kbps, and i'm getting avg. 90kbps...
i.e., i should get 8 KBps, but i'm getting around 11-12KBps..

😀 😀

[Coolbuddy, do you use tataindicom bb?]
[snapback]16013[/snapback]
[/quote]

that's cool! I have applied for the 64kbps TI connection a week back and am keeping my fingers crossed! They say it's in the 'cable laying' phase now. Vince, any idea how long would it take after this?

about taking Airtel connection: I would have gone for it had it been available where i stay 🙁

😀 😀

[/quote]

Vince,what do u guess would be dnld speed on a tata indicom unlimited 30 days dial-up? :huh:

😀 😀

[/quote]

Vince,what do u guess would be dnld speed on a tata indicom unlimited 30 days dial-up? :huh:

anytimeuneed, i dont get your question... i'm getting 90kbps (i.e., 11Kbps) and i've been downloading an average of 750 mb per day since i got my connection....I am totally ignorant on Tata's dial-up.....

Status
Not open for further replies.