Tata Broadband in Ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

powdermonkey

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
Hello,Just few days ago I got new Tata BB connection. Power On & On 3-384 plan. The speed is good and without any problems yet. Router is not supplied..just a wired connectivity from nearby a Switch. 1)When I connect to the internet through Tata Dial Up, I get 2 networking icons on Taskbar. One shows device name as WAN PPPoE and the other is just a plain connection showing some IP & Physical address and nothing else. Could somebody explain why I am getting these 2 icons? Does this mean I have a LAN connection too just like Sify?2)I have Ubuntu 9.04. How do I configure internet connection in Ubuntu?

Now no issues accessing internet in Ubuntu.

What settings did you use in Ubuntu? While using 8.10, I had no issues accessing the net. But in 9.04, I am unable to get the internet lan icon and I only get the local access icon though in Vista I can access the internet.I have used the exact settings from Vista...

I am also not able to connect internet in Ubunt 9.4. I am using Tata wimax 384kbps unlimited without static IP. Can you please tell me how to configure the network in Ubuntu 9.4 for Tata wimax?

Enter the settings given by tata regarding the IP addr, DNS, pref. DNS, etc. In firefox, the proxy option is selected by default. Just untick the proxy option and then try.

Status
Not open for further replies.