Task Manager crashing before opening in Vista.

• Thread starter Thread starter Themeboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4,008

Themeboy

ISP
BSNL DataOne Home 500 Combo
Hello everyone,

I am using Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 with all the latest updates installed.

My task manager is not opening. 😡

As soon as I start it, a window appears saying that Task Manager has stopped working. See this pic :

When I click on "Check online for......", the checking online window appears and disappears without any message. :frown:

At this time, the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) icon appears in the taskbar. :huh:

On clicking it, a window appears saying that Windows Problem Reporting has stopped working. :madness:

"Check online....." window again disappears without any result. :wall:

Please post a solution to this problem.

Thank you :redface:

Have you tried re-installing the windows?

Have you tried re-installing the windows?

no.......I don't wish 2 do that 😱

I want some solution to fix this problem........reinstalling is always the last option. 😕

Task manger problems are also caused by malwares, just so that you don't see all the programs that are running in the back ground, scan your computer with anti-virus and anti-spy ware programs

Task manger problems are also caused by malwares, just so that you don't see all the programs that are running in the back ground, scan your computer with anti-virus and anti-spy ware programs

I scanned my system with Bitdefender with latest definitions, but it did not detect any virus or stuff like that. :redface:

Viruses usually disable task manager, registry editor & Folder Options.......but here the problem is that every thing else is working fine.....its just the Task Manager. And it is not disabled but it is crashing when it is launched. Windows Error reporting is also not showing any solutions. :wall:

What could be the problem ? :huh:

( May be tried in VISTA)

1.http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/ToolbarRepair.Exe
or
.Open Task Manager by right-clicking the taskbar and then

clicking Task Manager.
or
3.You can also open Task Manager by pressing

CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
0r
4.Start RUN type taskmgr.exe
or