Talk about a girly laptop...

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 8,241
MASt!

So its Japanese? I don't like the Swarowski crystal decoration ONE BIT. But I do think the pink colour is cute...don't understand why all laptops live in a Henry Ford 'only black/grey' era.

Hmm..I've recently been listening to some colleagues talking about the femininisation of technology. (Don't get put off!). Basically what they meant was that gadgets are now changing to softer colour pallettes (range of colored Ipod Minis and now Nanos), more contoured designs (clamshell phones?). In fact Apple is a good example of a company that has always had a very feminine aesthetic in design. Mac powerbooks are much nicer looking than Dell/ Lenovo etc. I think even corporate head honchos appreciate it! If laptops shed their black/grey hues I'm sure we would have nicer looking gadgets. Only investment banker types might still want the sober looking ones!

Yaa, Lenovo Thinkpad has got be the worst looking laptop.But the thing is, in corporate env 'Cover your Ass' scores over pretty much anything else. If you are managing 1000+ machines then last thing you want to do is to go off the beaten track. E.g. to buy from vendors that will not gurantee next day onsite part replacements.Outside of creative/media/entertainment fields, any IT department will try to stay with Thinkpad/HP since they are the proven ones.So Black laptops are here to stay for some time, but hopefully they will ultimately be gone like biege desktops.In other laptops, basic corporate features are difficult to find. I saw results from recent evaluations, many lacked basic features like:1. Out-of-box ability to re-image a machine over the wire. If someone screws up machine, OS reinstal+App install+Configure can take one whole day if someone from IT has to babysit baackup+reimage+restore process.2. 'Flight friendlyness' things like Night Light on lid and power adopters that will work on wide range of flights.3. Software to mange and monitor a bunch of machines.4. HDD + Filesystem diagnostics in BIOS

Completely agree. Only my wish was that reputed companies like Dell/ Lenovo would make brighter shades. And hopefully they would find a corporate market! Provided that they did not charge extra for colours..

Hmm..I've recently been listening to some colleagues talking about the femininisation of technology.

you talk about technology, even Bullet manufacturers are designing their future vehicles keeping in mind the female clientele...

thats 'cuz there are now many female bullet enthusiasts around ,plus even male bulleteers would like it if the looks of their ride are appreciated by the opposite sex (no matter how much they say that they don't care!)

well, who said females don't like bullets as is???have u observed one thing in ads??? if it's not a bike ad and a bike has been used, 90% of the cases, it's a bullet...same goes with music videos, movies, and many other stuff...ah meaculpa, u just beat me there by 4 mins...anyhow, this is the reply to nish_lal's post...

Hey coolbuddy, I will obviously be very quick to respond to posts on 'girly laptops' 🙂 Your point about Bullet being a staple in most ads is interesting - frankly, I hadn't noticed. Will watch more closely! Anyway, the point I was making about more design getting more feminine - my friends into design, creative etc. tell me that it's only reflecting a 'softer' world all around us. Glamour, glitz and colour are no longer only women's prerogative - even men appreciate products that have them!