Talaash (Spoilers in later pages)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 203
  • Views Views 15,415
Aamir's friend cops see him talking to himself in the car, but they cannot see the car door opening by itself atleast a couple of times (when kareena opens the door w/o any help from aamir).Also kareena eavesdropping (like in hindi serials) in the end to taimur explaining to his Pro Gf the escape plan was hilarious. Now ghosts too need to hear conversations secretly.Aamir can see and talk to kareena's ghost but cannot see or hear his own son's ghost which his neighbor can apparently do.

Ok, My dad wanted to watch this movie, so I tagged along and watched with him. It was a decent watch as I mention above. We, here at IBF, had discussed the movie in detail, so in that sense my expectations were average and so it sort of met my expectations.
Now going back to the plot - The loopholes about Kareena opening door, making Aamir go around for 2 hours instead of finishing in 15 minutes does seem valid. But, I reflected fully on the film and I have few points that would go in favour and against of the movies' supporters and detractors, both ways.
a) Some said Its not about revenge
Wrong!
She makes sure all responsible get killed. Not just the two rich blokes - remember the people (the blackmailer & his assistant) who take her to the guys and/or who hide her death information. I am guessing she gets that guy killed, because when the assistant calls the 2nd rich guy, after the blackmailer is dead, that guy still responds without knowledge that the blackmailer is dead, enough to imply that it was Kareena who did it
b ) Kareena does not care about final rites & stuff. And only about revenge.
Wrong!
I dont prescribe to any view. But from movie's point of view, one can see so many hints, which actually make him realize that she is "here". And other many hints which does indicate she wanted her body found & probably cremated properly.
c) Kareena could have just killed the other guy
50-50!
Well, she does mention at one point she doesnt know who the 3rd guy is. But then at another point, when the limping guy starts to take up the blackmailing work, she is aorund and at that point she must have got to know of the fact. So all the drama about making Aamir go about does seem to indicate that she wanted to take revenge, but also let the world know of the injustice meted out to her.
Oh, and by the way, what was she doing for 3 years. Writing the plot of the movie?
I watched a Hindi movie fully after a long time, so decided to do sort a full review. Did not like the Rani Mukherjee subplot (though I understand it being vital to show Aamir's mindset in the main plot).. but felt it was a bit dragged. Absolutely liked Nawazuddin Siddiqui as the limping guy & his role. Hona Hai Kya song picturized on him was also good, sort of felt like a high point in the film.

Would go for 3.5/5...
Very good suspense drama...

Watched it finally. Have to admit it was not as bad as I had expected it to be. Sad to see Aamir Khan becoming a John Abraham dupe.

I read that they had to push the movie's release to a later date as they had to reshoot few scenes or change the storyline as the original was too similar to the movie "Kahaani". Does any one know what was the original script ?