Takes a hell lot of time in installing new connection

I have taken ACT fibernet connection on 19th Feb. When I called ACT sales person to enquire about the broadband plans, he came the same day in evening to convince me to take this connection. He finally convinced and took the amount - 7746 (connection - ACT Blaze) and told me that he will get it installed in next 4 days.
After that I did not get any call from him. I called him on 23rd Feb to send somebody for installation but nobody came. On insisting, somebody came on 24th Feb. They checked something and said there is no open box available so we will come tomorrow. After that, he is not picking my phone call.
I called customer care a hundred of times and they raised a request (Request number - 0003932407).
But everytime when I call customer care to get updates on my request, I just get following types of vague replies from them.
1. We are working on your issue.
2. This request has been sent to the field engineer. He will contact you soon.
3. Till now no actions have been taken on your request. I will add a follow up on this request.
4. One day they say that the issue will be resolved by end of day tomorrow and the very next day they say that we don't want to give you any false commitment. The issue will get some time to resolve.. may be 4 days.

Its been more than 13 days now and I did not get any response on my connection.

I am highly disappointed by the kind of service being provided by ACT. Or rather I should say they are not providing any service after taking the payment. It seems like their work is only to take payment from customers, thats it. After that, its the customer's work to call and remind them that we have paid a big amount to them to avail a service and we are waiting for their response.
I hope by this blog, they will understand the concern and take some strict action for that.

Thanks,
Pooja

I suggest you immediately block the cheque if its not debited and tell them you are not interested in their services.
Otherwise recovering your money would be difficult.

Had a similar bad exp from ACT

Hi All,

Please share your contact number, we will get back to you.

Warm Regards,
ACT Fibernet

same here..installation was delayed as there is no synergy between the engineers on the ground, the back-end team and the call center. Even though a junction box was already installed in my neighbors house, the engineers had no clue and insisted that a box has to be installed at my place and there was a unresolved dispute with LCO about drawing cables in the area. Finally good sense prevailed and installation was done from the junction box of my neighbors house but there was a delay in getting the login/pwd as there was a problem in the back-end. At the end of day I got the login/pwd and everything is working as it should. The good part about the whole process was the customer care as they were courteous and did everything they can in their limited scope and particularly the Staff at Nodal Officer Desk was very helpful as he monitored my complaint till the installation was completed.

The speed is fantastic as promised and I hope connection is stable and fast as days go by.

3 Cheers ACT. 🙂

Last edited:
booked the connection on Thursday evening and i got connected by Saturday evening,I didn't face any downtime so far,I had to choose between spectranet and Act and I end up choosing Act for the stability though i wish they offered better Post FUP speeds ,512 kbps doesn't cut it especially most of HD videos on youtube buffer with that speed

Last edited: